Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
jedibunni
Registered Users
seller

I am so upset about babylegs!!!!!! (Update at bottom)

I just received a new pair of babylegs that I ordered in Neopolitan (soooo cute). Well, I put them on my DD before bed (she wears these and a tshirt with her dipe) not thinking anything b/c we have one other pair (older) and they fit her fine.......

I got to get her up the next morning and she's really grumpy (very unusual) and I go to change her diaper and take off her babylegs only to find huge indentations that are raw!!!! They were so tight on her they cut into her skin!!! Her legs still have the scabs on them!!! I couldn't figure it out. Well, I went online and find out they made them more narrow????? My DD is skinny and not to chunky IMO.

I can't believe this! Is there anywhere that I can get OLD style that's wide?

Now I can't buy them any more and she NEEEEEEDDDSSS them.

Advertisement

Last edited by jedibunni; 05-15-2006 at 09:35 AM.
jedibunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I am so upset about babylegs!!!!!!

I had a similar problem. My old, originals came apart at the cuff. I email Jen and she sent me a replacement pair - which had the same problem as yours. I emailed her yet again - and she sent me one of the last pairs of the original cuff.

Aparently there was such a problem with the original cuffs unravelling that they had to change them - with this result...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
suzhatch1
Registered Users
seller

Some online stores may still have some of the "original narrow" style cuff that is more stretchy in their inventory, but you have to really ask and be specific. Otherwise all the designs have been remade in the tighter "wide-cuff" which has thicker elastic and a LOT of people have complained that it leaves red marks on their baby's legs. (I personally have voted in the BL's designer's website to let her know that we prefer the original, narrow, more stretchy cuff - however the reply I got was that more people liked the wider, tighter cuff because it prevented rolling...so that's what they've gone with).

I know that the brand new released purple bandana print BL comes in narrow, so that's at least one good thing! We have some narrow cuff BLs and treat them like gold since I know it's so hard to find them anywhere....my DD can't where the wide cuff either - they leave red welts on her poor legs.
suzhatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i emailed the company and told them i had the same problem they sent me a replacement pair and told me that they will be switcing back to the old style because theyve had a lot of complaints
Old 05-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Ouch! So sorry. Your story reminded me of something that happened to my middle child when she was just 5 weeks old. I put a pair of socks on her and left them on for a few hours. When I took them off, she had an awful, rug burn-like mark on her ankle. It scabbed over, and once the scab fell off, she had a horrible scar across her leg. She's now 3.5 years old and the scar is now in the middle of her shin, but it's very light. We've tried Mederma to lighten the scar even more, but it's too hard to remember to put it on all the time (3x per day for 12+ weeks.) Hope your dd doesn't scar! (My daughter was chunky, though, if that matters.)
Old 05-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Zane has to use the narrow cuffs. The wide cuff does the same thing to him. So sorry for your sweetie!

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry that your baby got "ouchies" from them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_o_curls
i emailed the company and told them i had the same problem they sent me a replacement pair and told me that they will be switcing back to the old style because theyve had a lot of complaints
but I'm really glad to hear this!! After reading the first thread, I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to purchase them after all... & I was just getting ready to buy my ds's first couple pairs!! Thanks for the good news!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #8
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I sold off all my wide cuff because they were doing this to dd's thighs. I got the purple bandana, and also a pair of rainbow, both with the narrow stretchy cuff. We haven't had any problems with these. I also know that the owner let me know through email that they are planning to go back to the narrow cuff because of all the problems with the wide.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

sorry about your little one. I can't wait for them to go back to the narrow cuff.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Email her and tell her about this!! The wide ones did the same thing to my DD and when I emailed her and sent me a narrow pair for free.