Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Fuzzi Fannies ???

Hi! I just got this dipe from a momma here. It's new, not been used. The print is actually cotton I believe, and it appears to be waterproofed on the inside. Dd wore it for about 1.5 hr today and it was wicking in the crotch area. (Wicking is when the pee kinda travels outwards, correct?) I think it wicks there because the fleece on the inside is actually on the outside in the crotch area. (On purpose, it's the design.) Hope this all makes sense. Anyways, is there anything I can do? This dipe is so cute...!

Advertisement

Last edited by aimeemarie; 05-17-2006 at 07:17 AM.
aimeemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fuzzi Fannies Wicking!

Rachele rolls the fleece ou ton purpose becaseu if the PUL side goes inside the diaper at all it causes major issues.

If the diaper is new you wnt want to wash and dry on HOT to seal any holes from the sewing. You can also get some waterproof spray from walmart or similar to spray the outside of hte diaper. I dont know if rachele does this or not to the fabric before sewing. I dont since some babies can be sensitive to the chemicals, but i know it really works. Also make sure therer is enough absorbancy in the diaper. and make sure you never use fabric softener as this will cause hte fleece to repel, and will caseu wicking.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

What dipe is it? What fleece is on the inside? What are you using as a soaker and when it leaked was the soaker wet? Sorry for so many questions, just need some info to help you out there... Sorry for the wicking.. its def not normal for my diapers...especially new!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Hi Rachele! Glad you replied. It is the pink hearts cotton pul w/ black fleece on the inside. I use Nurtured Family Microterry Inserts and yes the insert was wet. Hope that helps. Otherwise I loved the other diapers! You do an awesome job. This was the first time we'd used this diaper, and I haven't had any repelling problems with any dipes yet. It's been through one hot wash w/Sun with 3 rinses, was air-dried mostly and then popped in the dryer on low for about 5 minutes. Hope that info helps!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

My FF wicked until I hot-dried it for an entire cycle....now no problems...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Do you normally use other cotton prints? That dipe was made MONTHS ago..but should have NO problems... if your insert is wet, it sound like you need more insert.. cotton prints (like hh) tend to wick like that.. and they were not sealed with any spray of any kind before purchase... um.... I would say try more insert or get some dwr to spray only the outside with... and let me know how that goes.. I cannot think of anything else right off that would cause that.. altho my head is soo full ( I have been sick for days) that I may not be thinking lcearly..lol

Hope that helps!!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

That was my initial thought that maybe I needed to get some of that spray, of maybe she just peed a lot this afternoon lol! Thanks for your advice! Hope to be buying from you in the future, these fit my skinny girl perfectly.

Oh I just saw pp's advice of drying on hot, I will try that to.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

And, no, we don't have any other cotton prints.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you happen to have your dd in a onesie when the wicking occured? Sometimes if their onesie is a little too short/tight it will cause the pee to squeeze out the sides. I noticed that on my dd just the other day..her onesie was creeping into her ella's and caused wicking. Just an idea.
Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Hmm...well that actually could have been the case. Alex was wearing a onesie that for some reason is so tight! The Gerber ones seem to run really small. Plus the cloth booty on her could have made it even tighter. I'll have to do some test runs.