Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the deal w/ the Sensitive Subjects forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarson78 View Post
I agree its a sensitive subject for a reason that alone should suggest it's proboly not family friendly. There are ALOT of mommas on here that don't have Many or ANY IRL friends to talk to about certain things and should be able to post in SS without it getting deleted. Since it is an opt in ofrum and all........
Seriously. That's so weird. Can we password the forum or something if it's that big of an issue? What's the point of having the forum if it can't even be used?!

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It has nothing to do with conversations on procreation or recreational attempts at it. What we are trying to limit is the way some of these topics are brought out. We understand that sensitive subjects are just that but the site owner wants has decided to put a cap on just how *senstitive* the conversations can get.

That's all.
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

But mamas are being PM'ed about talking about their recreational s*x lives and being told they can't (the thread I'm talking about was not inappropriate IMO). Which is it?

Juan, I love your avi. Is that a real cat?
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #14
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

While I totally get that we have to protect any kiddos (under 13 or over 13) that may register on ds and maintain family friendly, I must say that sensitive subjects is an area many of us NEED, really. Life is hard, marriage is hard, talking to family and sometimes even close friends who may come into contact with the DH you are raving mad at isn't an option, kwim? And some details of issues are, well, sensitive.

Many of us can't afford the counseling either, and senstive subjects has allowed many to vent, process, get an idea of how to solve issues and move on, just a little bit healthier.

What are the limitations and rules of the forum (ie, how should posts be worded so that we aren't breaking the rules)?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm_n_Proper_Baby View Post
While I totally get that we have to protect any kiddos (under 13 or over 13) that may register on ds and maintain family friendly, I must say that sensitive subjects is an area many of us NEED, really. Life is hard, marriage is hard, talking to family and sometimes even close friends who may come into contact with the DH you are raving mad at isn't an option, kwim? And some details of issues are, well, sensitive.

Many of us can't afford the counseling either, and senstive subjects has allowed many to vent, process, get an idea of how to solve issues and move on, just a little bit healthier.

What are the limitations and rules of the forum (ie, how should posts be worded so that we aren't breaking the rules)?
Did he tell you I threatened him

In all seriousness, this place has evolved for me. When I first joined, I was just a pregnant wife and I was working 40 hrs a week and just shopping for diapers. Now, I'm a WAHM and pregnant again and this is my social outlet most days. I have a few close friends (okay one) see the poster above me . Other than that, I have my mom and MIL which I don't feel comfy talking to about certain things. Life tends to close in on us a little as we take care of our children and some of us need to vent/celebrate/sort things out online. Does that make sense? I don't want to break the rules, but I also think the rules need to be fair for everyone
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
But mamas are being PM'ed about talking about their recreational s*x lives and being told they can't (the thread I'm talking about was not inappropriate IMO).
Mamas are being PMed by moderators about threads that are not along the lines of what we want to be displayed on the site. What are these lines? I will write them below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
Juan, I love your avi. Is that a real cat?
I think so, with some awesome photoshop action anything is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm_n_Proper_Baby View Post
The keywords for the guidelines & limitations are "Clean, Mature, Supportive, Sensitive"

We do not want people discussing fantasies or dreamland stuff. If they are talking about sexual experiences then it better be about health related stuff (like pains or other female problems). Posts should be seeking support, specific answers, or a listening ear. We really want to stay away from stories, gossip, and fantasy.

Now, I know that this is debatable and not exactly cut and dry; but, they are guidelines. This is what we are looking for when we moderate the SS forum.
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Crazy4Coffee
Registered Users
Formerly: tla**8
seller

My Mood:

how can you talk about $#x in a clean way?
i didn't even get to read one of the posts i was referred to before it was deleted. and from what i hear it was TAME. some had posted they were going to try something for the first time. While i don't condone what she did i was curious to hear about her experience....... but the thread about it was deleted before it got to happen.
I think this board along with society is taking censorship too seriously. its an opt in forum. people know what can go on in there if they open it up in front of their kids its their choice and its not like whats written in their is visible by the whole board!

I've also seen things posted on the main boards that in no way should be out there and they weren't deleted. I don't know if they still exist but they did a few months ago......

Last edited by Crazy4Coffee; 12-09-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Crazy4Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
how can you talk about $#x in a clean way?
i didn't even get to read one of the posts i was referred to before it was deleted. and from what i hear it was TAME. some had posted they were going to try something for the first time. While i don't condone what she did i was curious to hear about her experience....... but the thread about it was deleted before it got to happen.
I know the post you're talking about, and that would have definitely fallen under the "fantasies and dreamland" category that we want to stay away from.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #19
Crazy4Coffee
Registered Users
Formerly: tla**8
seller

My Mood:

Wasn't she like getting ready to go do it? that's not a fantasy or dreamland..... (but remember i didn't get to read it either)

BTW the other posts i was talking about that should be in SS is still out and about for people to see on other parts of the board LOL
Old 12-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #20
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Wasn't she like getting ready to go do it? that's not a fantasy or dreamland..... (but remember i didn't get to read it either)

BTW the other posts i was talking about that should be in SS is still out and about for people to see on other parts of the board LOL
The post was about her plans, and while the actual words may have been tame, the content wasn't and so the mod team decided it was one of the posts that needed to go.

As for other posts that are just out there, the mod/admin team only has so many eyes, so if you notice posts that you feel are misplaced, then you can use the to report them so the mod team can evaluate them and move them if necessary.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote