Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
chanee
Registered Users

My Mood:
lopsided

ok, heres the deal.my ds is right at 11 weeks old. he came out ready to latch and chow down. we have never had any problems nursing. the day my milk came in, it was more on one side. a very obvious difference. the left side just produces more. but as we've gone along its getting moreand more out of hand. its way more than a cup size bigger. and if i pump without nursing first the difference in amounts is huge. my right makes 3 oz. no more,no less,ever. my left can put out as much as 10+ oz. its insane.
and its getting worse.. from day one(at hospital even) i have been very careful to keep things even. im careful of which one i start on and whatnot. in the last few days, as its gotten worse ive started trying to nurse mostly from the smaller side. nothing can stop this monster left boob. using it less seems to have made it mad and i swear to god its gotten bigger in the last couple of days. poor ds has trouble nursing from it cause its so huge and hard he cant deal with it. i have to take it out and hold a towel or blanket to it and just let it spray for forever before he can even try not to mention some latch issues we are having. anyway, what can i do? its gotten so bad its embarrassing. i have one way huger than D and one C. plus its hella uncomfortable.
is there ANYTHING i can do? im starting to wonder what would happen if i started putting cabbage on the one side...

Advertisement

chanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: lopsided

don't do anything drastic!!!!! You don't want to risk your supply... I honestly haven't had any experience with this but here is my suggestion- if you truly want an expert

go here http://forum.kellymom.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8 post your question and ask for PAULA's help. She is AMAZING> She will help you get back on track. I PROMISE>
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poor little man. I honestly have no advice because my dd nurses exclusively from 1 side. I noticed when she was very little that she had a preference for my left side, it in turn produced more. I was getting 4-5 oz. at a pumping session from my left side and only about 1/2 oz. out of my right side. I gave up and just let her nurse exclusively from the left. I'm really lopsided, the left is at least 1 cup size bigger. Sorry I cannot offer any advice.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
chanee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
Poor little man. I honestly have no advice because my dd nurses exclusively from 1 side. I noticed when she was very little that she had a preference for my left side, it in turn produced more. I was getting 4-5 oz. at a pumping session from my left side and only about 1/2 oz. out of my right side. I gave up and just let her nurse exclusively from the left. I'm really lopsided, the left is at least 1 cup size bigger. Sorry I cannot offer any advice.
well, at least im not alone
chanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds does this everynow and then. would rather take one side. The only thing I can say is keep trying. Offer the right boob first all the time. That's what I had to do. I only got about 1/2 cup different at one time. I'm sorry you are having troubles. Maybe ask a LLL Leader for help? They are really nice. GL mama and I hope it gets better for you