Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I feel really bad because I want to wean...

I am just feeling so done! My eldest nursed for 31 months, I had my pregnancy with Josi pretty much without nursing (from about 7 weeks pregnant on), and I've been nursing her now for 23 months. I know I will have a long wean with her because she loves the nursies so much! I am kind of lazy though . I was too lazy to wean my eldest until my milk dried up (very quickly) in pregnancy, I was in pain and she is so sweet and didn't want to hurt me, so she weaned.
I am just feeling like I need a break. I know some have been nursing longer and even tandem, but I am so ready to be done . I have been pregnant or breastfeeding since Valentine's Day of 2003. I want just a short time at least of just my body being mine (unless of course the weekend results in something, then I have a while before I get my break ).
So, how do I go about making her comfortable (and my body fine) with weaning? How do I break the huge attachment?
It will probably end up that laziness wins out and she weans on her own or I end up pregnant again and wean . I guess I'll either use the info soon, or for the next one...

Tina 33 + DH 32 =
Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: I feel really bad because I want to wean...

IMO, you need to still give her that time together where you are bonding. Instead of nursing read, snuggle while she drinks milk, brush her hair, whatever else she likes to do. Gradually cut down on how many sessions she has a day until they are all taken over by her activity of choice. I think it is a lot nicer to them to do it this way so they don't feel ripped away from you. My son now comes for hugs and a cuddles for a few min. a day when he use to nurse. He now demands a lot more attention though so nursing might not get you more alone or "me" time if she is really clingy to the nursing for the reason of being close to you.
*Tarah* "Mom-ma" to Dallas Oct. '07 & Coen June '09
Missing their Daddy who is currently deployed
tarah1218 is offline   Reply With Quote