Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:24 AM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal?

I got DD a potty when she was 21 months old. I figured she seemed VERY interested when DH and I went potty that she could try too. We actually were getting her to go twice a day on it. Then we moved and she had no interest in it. Then about 2 months ago (when she turned 3) she decided to start back up again. She was dry during the AM but after nap she would be back in diapers because life was just too busy for her to remember. Then she had her accident last month where she got a skull fracture and she regressed AGAIN. Now she is back in diapers full-time and only pees in the potty at her therapy office.

Is this typical? She just doesn't seem to care about being wet or dirty in a diaper but freaks out when she has an accident in her underwear.

DS PLed in 3 days when he was 3yr3mos. He NEVER had an accident until he got sick (3mo later) but he had massive brain damage and became deaf. Didn't PL again until 5.5yrs.

HELP! I thought I could sell off her diaper stash!

Advertisement

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 12-11-2008 at 04:25 AM.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas?
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Tweedledum
Registered Users

Re: Is this normal?

I'm not an expert on this topic as DD is just approaching PLing age, but I'm reading a couple of books on PLing: Keys to Toilet Training by Zweiback and No-Cry Potty Solution by Pantley. They indicate that regressions after the life-changes you describe are VERY common. Pantley says 80% of children experience setbacks in toilet training, so yes, your DD is totally normal! Check these books out from your public library to get some ideas and encouragement.
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote