Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #101
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

First of all, thank you OP for posting this. I might steal it for my myspace, but I will PM you before I do that so I can give proper credit!

Second of all, my dh is circ'd and my son is intact. My mom actually gave me a hard time and said he should look like daddy, so i asked MY dad, very bluntly "Well, what does Papa's (my grandfather) penis look like?" and he said he never saw it and didnt know. Not a word has been said since, lol. We figure theres lots of differences, and he may notice moreso that he has a penis and mommy doesnt, lol.

As for cleaning, I have absolutely NO doubt that I will have more trouble getting Riley to clean behind his ears than to do anthing to his penis in the tub or shower, lol. Its like an attached toy to him, and hes only 9 months, lol.

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 AM   #102
KobeeJacknGradysMama
Lovin' My Baby Boys
seller

My Mood:

As for cleaning, I have absolutely NO doubt that I will have more trouble getting Riley to clean behind his ears than to do anthing to his penis in the tub or shower, lol. Its like an attached toy to him, and hes only 9 months, lol.[/QUOTE]

That is cute!!! i have issues with that too with my 9 month old HA
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #103
JAMAICANMOMMY
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
So it's better to just deny a guy any right to ever experience sex as nature/god intended it, instead of letting him decide which he wants?

And I really think you do not understand exactly what the differences are between circ'ed and intact, honestly. When an intact man is erect, you would likely not even be able to tell the difference by looking at him. The forskin does not stay covering the head during sex (except for rare cases). The foreskin slides back and exposes the glans, which is not keratinized like a circ'ed guy, plus all of the special nerves in the foreskin/frenulum/ridged band - it makes for a much better sexual experience, according to what I've heard & read.

When YOU feel sever pain, YOU might cry. Me too, maybe. But we are not babies, and it's a documented fact that babies respond to severe pain differently. Even the AAP states that there is no pain relief method currently used that takes away all of the pain of circ.

Also, have you ever hurt yourself so badly that you went completely still and silent? I have broken my toe and been in such sudden, shocking pain that I was unable to react in any way.

And even if the procedure was completely painless and didn't carry serious risks I would still be completely against it because I don't think parents have the right to alter the bodies of their children in that way for NO good reason. And please, if you have a good reason to risk this I would love to hear it.
Oh My God ! I found this to be so disturbing- I never thought anything was wrong with circumcision simply because I had no idea what the true risks are- but looking at this made it clear to me. I didn't even go past the third pic.If we are having a boy then we are definitely forgoing this torture.Thank you guys for educating one more person.
JAMAICANMOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #104
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My first son had to be circ'd for health reasons, so for the sake of continuity I decided to have our second one circ'd also. The dr forgot to close the curtain so I watched them do it. It was HORRIBLE!! They had to sedate me after. We are planing another child and I need materials to help convince my dh that we should NOT circ if we have another boy. Thanks for the great info!!
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #105
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weintz8 View Post
My first son had to be circ'd for health reasons, so for the sake of continuity I decided to have our second one circ'd also. The dr forgot to close the curtain so I watched them do it. It was HORRIBLE!! They had to sedate me after. We are planing another child and I need materials to help convince my dh that we should NOT circ if we have another boy. Thanks for the great info!!

Wow, that is terrible that you were so upset that you had to be sedated.

There are lots of good websites with links to all the studies to back this stuff up.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #106
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I gave brith to my second son the pain was so intense and mind numbing, I could do nothing. My head swirled, I felt like I was going to pass out or vomit. I never cried or really screamed... It was pain so intense it took everything I had to get through it....... I imagine its like that for some babies.... thats why they don't do it infront of most parents..... It would probably scar us!!!! My DS#2 is NOT circum, but we did go to get him done, at a circum surgeons office... It was soooooooooo intense in the room (they let you stay) The insturments.. Just the little tube of sugar water- it was enough to make me puke... Luckily we walked out with an intact baby...

if you want to get your son circum... perhaps you should actually see one being done... You MAY change your mind??? I sure would.
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #107
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AWESOME!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #108
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICANMOMMY View Post
Oh My God ! I found this to be so disturbing- I never thought anything was wrong with circumcision simply because I had no idea what the true risks are- but looking at this made it clear to me. I didn't even go past the third pic.If we are having a boy then we are definitely forgoing this torture.Thank you guys for educating one more person.
yay!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #109
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
When I gave brith to my second son the pain was so intense and mind numbing, I could do nothing. My head swirled, I felt like I was going to pass out or vomit. I never cried or really screamed... It was pain so intense it took everything I had to get through it....... I imagine its like that for some babies.... thats why they don't do it infront of most parents..... It would probably scar us!!!! My DS#2 is NOT circum, but we did go to get him done, at a circum surgeons office... It was soooooooooo intense in the room (they let you stay) The insturments.. Just the little tube of sugar water- it was enough to make me puke... Luckily we walked out with an intact baby...

if you want to get your son circum... perhaps you should actually see one being done... You MAY change your mind??? I sure would.
Last week my husband stood up right into a metal spiral staircase. He said the pain was so intense that he couldn't move, breathe, or speak for a minute. People do go into shock all the time from intense trauma - one of the signs is that the person is bleeding and very injured, but is acting unnaturally calm.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #110
Mockeh
Registered Users

It makes me so sad that people still circ their babies. I live in the UK and no one over here does it! It's assumed when you have your baby that you aren't going to do it - no one even EVER asks you. It's just totally not done over here.

It's unnecessary and parents need to realise that it's not their choice to make! I could never put my child through unncessary pain.