Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1111
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I've seen a lot of threads that mention the Penn and Teller video, so I DL'd it last night and watched most of it. DH is pro-circ. He never expressed very strong pro-circ opinions, but he always seemed to have the mindset that it's the norm (which is questionable, even in the US), so it should be done.

He couldn't watch the parts where they showed the actual procedure! I guess it doesn't really matter for us because we're having a girl, and this is the only one we're having. I was still pretty appalled by his attitude, though. I feel like if you're pro-circ, you should be able to watch the procedure and still support it, kwim? If you can't sit through a video and watch it, how can you justify actually doing it to your son?

Advertisement

magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1112
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
Sadly, I think this is the angle intactivists will have to take to move forward with any illegalization of male circumcision. Maybe a label law that requires beauty products to disclose exactly what is in it, and do it from a 'stem cell' background so it gets passed easily?

I can't imagine people will still want to use face creams if they know they're putting baby foreskins on them, and hopefully that will cause companies to stop using buying it.
okay i have not heard of this? but OMG repulsive. any links to more info? i need to know im not using any products like that
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #1113
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

only $399 for a 1ml vial! cha-ching!!

http://www.atcc.org/ATCCAdvancedCata...e=primaryCells

/sarcasm

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #1114
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa View Post
I've seen a lot of threads that mention the Penn and Teller video, so I DL'd it last night and watched most of it. DH is pro-circ. He never expressed very strong pro-circ opinions, but he always seemed to have the mindset that it's the norm (which is questionable, even in the US), so it should be done.

He couldn't watch the parts where they showed the actual procedure! I guess it doesn't really matter for us because we're having a girl, and this is the only one we're having. I was still pretty appalled by his attitude, though. I feel like if you're pro-circ, you should be able to watch the procedure and still support it, kwim? If you can't sit through a video and watch it, how can you justify actually doing it to your son?
Because logic doesn't live there. Many circumcised men cannot and will not think rationally about it, b/c it is so deeply tied up with their emotions and sense of self. That is why the mom often has to just say no and let her husband get over it on his own time.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #1115
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post

/sarcasm
that is so disgusting i think i'm going to puke
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1116
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
that is so disgusting i think i'm going to puke
Yup! Its disgusting!! Oprah did a whole show about her favorite things and one of them was a face cream that uses foreskin. Its just gross.... All. Of. It!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #1117
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post

/sarcasm
yep...just another reason it hasn't been banned, yet. hospitals get paid by parents/insurance, and then turn around and sell the foreskins for even more money.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #1118
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis

yep...just another reason it hasn't been banned, yet. hospitals get paid by parents/insurance, and then turn around and sell the foreskins for even more money.
Ok I want to know who sells foreskins because I assist with alot of circs in the nursery at the hospital and the foreskin goes right into biohazard with the instruments ( its usually still attached to the hemostat) to never be seen again. Like huge bucket of hemostats and scalpels.... No one goes thru and picks out the foreskins to sell..... Is this really true?

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #1119
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

My friend and I have infant boys a couple months apart. She saw me changing mine and said "Oh, so that's what they look like!" She had never even seen her son intact! He was a c-section and immediately after birth they whisked her 5lb preemie away to be circumcised and... I don't know, I can't imagine not even seeing my baby the way he was made. That really shocked me. When my baby was born I wanted to marvel at his whole being. I knew she was going to circumcise him, but I didn't discuss it with her because she seemed so convinced it was the "normal" thing to do. When I saw her change her son that same day I couldn't help thinking how raw and unnatural he looked. He is a very high-strung baby, cries a lot, needs to be held often. I can't say that's because he was circumcised, but her daughters weren't like that at all. Anyway, I wish I had pushed her more to consider what would be wrong with leaving him intact, but she wouldn't have responded well. Whenever she heard my reasons (no medical need, often damages the penis, reduced sensation, etc.) she just shrugged and said "well I'm doing it anyway."

How do you talk to a friend who doesn't want to hear anti-circ information?
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #1120
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
My friend and I have infant boys a couple months apart. She saw me changing mine and said "Oh, so that's what they look like!" She had never even seen her son intact! He was a c-section and immediately after birth they whisked her 5lb preemie away to be circumcised and... I don't know, I can't imagine not even seeing my baby the way he was made. That really shocked me. When my baby was born I wanted to marvel at his whole being. I knew she was going to circumcise him, but I didn't discuss it with her because she seemed so convinced it was the "normal" thing to do. When I saw her change her son that same day I couldn't help thinking how raw and unnatural he looked. He is a very high-strung baby, cries a lot, needs to be held often. I can't say that's because he was circumcised, but her daughters weren't like that at all. Anyway, I wish I had pushed her more to consider what would be wrong with leaving him intact, but she wouldn't have responded well. Whenever she heard my reasons (no medical need, often damages the penis, reduced sensation, etc.) she just shrugged and said "well I'm doing it anyway."

How do you talk to a friend who doesn't want to hear anti-circ information?
i find this particularly awful. how could you just let your little baby be whisked away for unnecessary surgery before even really seeing him? very very wrong IMO.

honestly, if a friend of mine chose to ignore all of the scientific valid reasons that you shouldn't circ, i would probably stop talking to them. how you can hear all of those reasons and say things like "well i'm doing it anyway," is beyond me and i just couldn't stay friends with someone like that. extreme? maybe.