Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #1181
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Advertisement

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #1182
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Our son will be born on Wednesday!!! The hospital is providing us with our own room to care for him in, so he won't be leaving our sight. Birthmom has deferred to us for hospital stuff and doesn't seem to want to call the shots for him, so we should be able to keep him intact. If for some reason she does sign for him to have it done, I feel like we have a good enough relationship with her that we could request it not be done and she would be fine with that.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #1183
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats! How exciting!
You should be making the decisions from the start. If shes sure hes going with you guys then hes yours from the start and you get to make the decisions for him. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #1184
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post
It is true. And sadly, sometimes the thing that makes people open their eyes is so devastating, it would be better if their eyes had remained closed. I have a friend who is VOCALLY against circing because her little boy passed away in his sleep after he bled to death in his diaper. She didn't realize what was happening because he was napping -- and like everyone else -- she thought he was handling the procedure well and was fine. When they removed his diaper it was filled with blood. Devastating for that family. Her DS and my DS would have been about the same age.
I have to ask whether this was recorded as a circumcision-related death and whether it has had any media attention. It is terrible that this happened to your friend's boy, but I'm glad she has taken a strong position against circing. Sadly, many parents who have lost children this way are in denial that the decision to circ was the wrong one.They blame the doctors for doing a bad job or for not giving them warning signs of blood loss, or they blame an underlying health problem in the baby, but they claim that they would do it again with better doctors and more precautions taken. Your friend's message has the potential to make a powerful impact on those who have never considered that the risks might be serious.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #1185
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Congrats! How exciting!
You should be making the decisions from the start. If shes sure hes going with you guys then hes yours from the start and you get to make the decisions for him. I hope it all goes smoothly!
It really depends on the feelings of the birthmom. Some want to be the parent for those couple of days knowing that they are signing away their rights and won't ever get to parent the little one again. Some hardly want to see the baby. It's a continuum and is very case by case. Thankfully our son's birthmom wants us to parent, but still wants to see him and spend time with him. It's a good mix of both worlds. I don't foresee having any problems with it at the hospital, but you never know! Thankfully she is on medicare and in Louisiana, medicare doesn't cover circ, so I don't think it will be pushed or suggested as much as it might be otherwise.

I was just talking to a friend a couple days ago too. I told her before her son was born my thought on circ and sent her some info. I'm not sure if she read it, but they went ahead and circed him. Now he's having adhesion problems. She was telling me about it and I just didn't even know how to respond.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #1186
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy

It really depends on the feelings of the birthmom. Some want to be the parent for those couple of days knowing that they are signing away their rights and won't ever get to parent the little one again. Some hardly want to see the baby. It's a continuum and is very case by case. Thankfully our son's birthmom wants us to parent, but still wants to see him and spend time with him. It's a good mix of both worlds. I don't foresee having any problems with it at the hospital, but you never know! Thankfully she is on medicare and in Louisiana, medicare doesn't cover circ, so I don't think it will be pushed or suggested as much as it might be otherwise.

I was just talking to a friend a couple days ago too. I told her before her son was born my thought on circ and sent her some info. I'm not sure if she read it, but they went ahead and circed him. Now he's having adhesion problems. She was telling me about it and I just didn't even know how to respond.
I guess I get it. I was just meaning that if I was adopting a baby I would want to make any decision that would effect him forever since I would ultimately keep him. I bet you cant wait to meet your new little guy.

Regarding your friends- I wouldnt have known how to respond either. I wouldnt have wanted to be all "I told you so"...I guess I probably would have kept my month shut and made a sad face. :/

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #1187
macksvolmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great thread! I am decidedly NOT circumcising our son, but DH says we are. Fortunately, he is open to research and this is a great place for him to start!
macksvolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1188
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #1189
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSnewmom View Post
Sadly, many parents who have lost children this way are in denial that the decision to circ was the wrong one.They blame the doctors for doing a bad job or for not giving them warning signs of blood loss, or they blame an underlying health problem in the baby, but they claim that they would do it again with better doctors and more precautions taken. Your friend's message has the potential to make a powerful impact on those who have never considered that the risks might be serious.
That's because if they acknowledge the circumcision was the direct cause of his death, then their decision killed him, and that is too terrible to be honest about. If it was just a "freak accident," they can believe it wasn't their fault. I get the psychological compulsion, but it is not honest, as this other friend was. The baby would not have died if his parents hadn't been compelled to be sheeple. Period.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #1190
mrs.cnb
Registered Users

My DS1 is circ'd but if this one is a boy he will not be!
mrs.cnb is offline   Reply With Quote