Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #131
ajane's Avatar
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16,096
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure we are having another girl, lol...but, if we don't I will be doing a lot of research and thinking on the subject. My sis and bro in law (who is circ'd) did not circ their son.

Advertisement

__________________
sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man
IVDSO: Harry Potter Lego sets & Lego Friends Butterfly Beauty Shop
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #132
pureMotherhood's Avatar
pureMotherhood
Registered Users
Formerly: Luckiest*DW
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indy Suburbs
Posts: 887
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

And for all the DH's who argue that their sons should look like them . . . My DH is circ'd and he didn't even know his own Dad WASN'T until we didn't circ our son!
__________________
Christy, Proud SAHM to E (Oct '07) and P (Sep '09)
Expecting our 1st Girl in August '11!


pureMotherhood ~ Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter
pureMotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #133
doula4u
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 10
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Our first is, the next two are not. Had no idea it was an option 20 years ago!

BTW, it has never been an issue with the boys in our house. They are all just happy to have something hanging and have never seem to really notice a difference!
doula4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #134
Galatea's Avatar
Galatea
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,809
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest*DW View Post
And for all the DH's who argue that their sons should look like them . . . My DH is circ'd and he didn't even know his own Dad WASN'T until we didn't circ our son!
I think this is really common. Who has actually seen and remembers their father's penis?
__________________

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #135
mrspnut82's Avatar
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 7,572
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I am so happy! Hubby was kinda on the fence about not circing. Arguing with me about how he won't remember, he'll get made fun of, ect...Well I read the "top 10 reasons" to him and he said he wasnted to see a video to decide. I was like no way am I watching it, so I put it on for him and left. It was one from a post on this thread. He watched and said "h*ll no, I'm not doing that to my baby." And now if someone in the family wants to give me a hard time about it (which they have been doing) HE can tell them what they really do to the poor baby and why we aren't going to do it.
__________________
Wife and Mama to Julia 4/06 Ariana 7/07
"Handsome" Isaiah 2/09 Caleb 1/12
I've gotten ton$ of FREE Amazon.com Gift Card$! $wag with me. Zulily MrRebates
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #136
beautiful8's Avatar
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,809
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspnut82 View Post
I am so happy! Hubby was kinda on the fence about not circing. Arguing with me about how he won't remember, he'll get made fun of, ect...Well I read the "top 10 reasons" to him and he said he wasnted to see a video to decide. I was like no way am I watching it, so I put it on for him and left. It was one from a post on this thread. He watched and said "h*ll no, I'm not doing that to my baby." And now if someone in the family wants to give me a hard time about it (which they have been doing) HE can tell them what they really do to the poor baby and why we aren't going to do it.
thats awesome mama!!! So happy to hear of babies who will not be getting this done.
__________________
~Christine~
~SAHM to 8 beautiful kids~
ISSA CPT & Advocare Advisor
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #137
GEMINI06179's Avatar
GEMINI06179
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 85
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Not that this should be a deciding factor, to each there own. Some insurance companies are not covering circumsions. I have had two different friends complain that they had to pay full price for their sons circs b/c insurance denied the claim b/c it is medically unneccisary. I have no idea what insurance they had or if it was the same company, I didn't ask.
__________________
: SAHM to Piper 2/2/09 ; Dillon-2; Chloe-4; Ethan-7:Loving wife to Scott
Jane
GEMINI06179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #138
Galatea's Avatar
Galatea
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,809
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMINI06179 View Post
Not that this should be a deciding factor, to each there own. Some insurance companies are not covering circumsions. I have had two different friends complain that they had to pay full price for their sons circs b/c insurance denied the claim b/c it is medically unneccisary. I have no idea what insurance they had or if it was the same company, I didn't ask.

Fewer insurances will cover it b/c it is not medically necessary and ends up costing more after the circumcision b/c of the common complications.
__________________

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #139
Galatea's Avatar
Galatea
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,809
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

__________________

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #140
mommyz's Avatar
mommyz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 17,981
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Love this thread.
__________________
~Z, Wifey to a wonderful DH & SAHM to five blessings
(B-12yrs, P-11yrs, S-6yrs, and J-2yr) ** Lilly Sophia, born 7/24/09!!**

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.