Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #1481
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSnewmom
I've heard of it happening in the US, so you have to be very clear with them that you do not want him circ'd and always ask where they are taking him when they take him out of the room (it is best if a parent stays with him at all times).
I have a really hard time imagining this. I'm sure it could happen, but the parent usually has to sign paperwork to make it happen.

Advertisement

__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #1482
kaydove's Avatar
kaydove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 1,321
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite

Just forget it, you are being dramatic. You really need to calm down. I don't care who does and doesn't do it, I know I am and that's the end of that. I just wanted to comment on your post b/c you are very incorrect and from your last post (quoted) there is no other truth but yours.

My reason is both religious (not social) and medical, if you have a problem with that than, tough cookie.

The foeskin will be off my child and if you think it is so wrong for me to do it then call CPS, opps sorry you can't b/c it is not illegal and I am well within my rights to do so. You are not better or more educated than anyone else b/c you didn't circ. Just live and let live.

Believe me, I don't think a mama on this board would hurt their child and we all love our children just the same, so please give it a rest.

Not trying to argue but you really need to stop, you can stand up for what you believe without going to extremes and calling people ignorant.
You are actually being the dramatic one. The OP is speaking very factual and it seems to be a touchy subject with you, or why else would react so strongly? I suggest examining why you're reacting strongly towards a post on the Internet, if you're so content with your decision.

Also, please offer medical reasons for circ. Religious reasons are a social reason.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
__________________
Pagan mama to her little Witchling Seraphina, born 2/21/2012 at home.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #1483
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,490
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
You are actually being the dramatic one. The OP is speaking very factual and it seems to be a touchy subject with you, or why else would react so strongly? I suggest examining why you're reacting strongly towards a post on the Internet, if you're so content with your decision.

Also, please offer medical reasons for circ. Religious reasons are a social reason.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
I'm not the poster you quoted, but here's my take on it. For one, the op is not speaking entirely factually. Not everything she says is fact.

My guess is that this poster got so riled up because people on DS are ridiculous about circing. It's really no one's business one way or another. If you don't like it then you can fight to have it outlawed, but right now it IS a parent's choice and no one should be belittled for choosing differently. Yet on DS people are told that they are abusive, that they are mutilating their children, that they are ignorant....It's a pretty big list of nasty things if I were to list it all out. Now personally I have no strong stance on circing either way, but I think it's wrong the way intactivists treat those who circ on this board.

As for this poster's reasons, I don't know them and don't claim to. But it really shouldn't matter to you. It's her child, her reasons, and her choice to make.

Last edited by jen_batten; 04-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #1484
lynn97's Avatar
lynn97
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,302
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

I not the poster you quoted, but here's my take on it. For one, the op is not speaking entirely factually. Not everything she says is fact.

My guess is that this poster got so riled up because people on DS are ridiculous about circing. It's really no one's business one way or another. If you don't like it then you can fight to have it outlawed, but right now it IS a parent's choice and no one should be belittled for choosing differently. Yet on DS people are told that they are abusive, that they are mutilating their children, that they are ignorant....It's a pretty big list of nasty things if I were to list it all out. Now personally I have no strong stance on circing either way, but I think it's wrong the way intactivists treat those who circ on this board.

As for this poster's reasons, I don't know them and don't claim to. But it really shouldn't matter to you. It's her child, her reasons, and her choice to make.
Amen.

I, too, was not the poster but I agree with this take.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #1485
kushie tushie
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

I not the poster you quoted, but here's my take on it. For one, the op is not speaking entirely factually. Not everything she says is fact.

My guess is that this poster got so riled up because people on DS are ridiculous about circing. It's really no one's business one way or another. If you don't like it then you can fight to have it outlawed, but right now it IS a parent's choice and no one should be belittled for choosing differently. Yet on DS people are told that they are abusive, that they are mutilating their children, that they are ignorant....It's a pretty big list of nasty things if I were to list it all out. Now personally I have no strong stance on circing either way, but I think it's wrong the way intactivists treat those who circ on this board.

As for this poster's reasons, I don't know them and don't claim to. But it really shouldn't matter to you. It's her child, her reasons, and her choice to make.
I just wanted to point out the genital cutting of someone else's body with out their premission that changes the natural function of a body part is mutilation. As there is no valid medical reason to circ.... ignorance is lack of knowledge. So someone who was doing something just because without looking at the facts would be ignorant. Ignorance is not always a bad thing. If you don't go digging for the info and have no knowledge on it, your ignorant. No one is name calling, just stating the facts.

I'm saying this as someone who does not use either of those terms. Knowing the definition does show that the mamas who do aren't name calling. Their just speaking the cold hard truth... whether its the truth people want to hear or not.

My husband beleived he was mutilated. I would too if that happened to me and he had what people would refer to as "good" circ. The further he gets in his restoration and the most sensitivity he gets back the stronger he feels about it.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #1486
lisathib123's Avatar
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,505
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97

Amen.

I, too, was not the poster but I agree with this take.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I second that AMEN!!!!
__________________
Lisa, wife to Toby. Mom to Ethan, Morgan, Maggie, Molly,
Blaize, Damian, and Jett
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #1487
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,490
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I just wanted to point out the genital cutting of someone else's body with out their premission that changes the natural function of a body part is mutilation. As there is no valid medical reason to circ.... ignorance is lack of knowledge. So someone who was doing something just because without looking at the facts would be ignorant. Ignorance is not always a bad thing. If you don't go digging for the info and have no knowledge on it, your ignorant. No one is name calling, just stating the facts.

I'm saying this as someone who does not use either of those terms. Knowing the definition does show that the mamas who do aren't name calling. Their just speaking the cold hard truth... whether its the truth people want to hear or not.

My husband beleived he was mutilated. I would too if that happened to me and he had what people would refer to as "good" circ. The further he gets in his restoration and the most sensitivity he gets back the stronger he feels about it.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
No one is name calling? Riiiiight. If it were a different topic, such as gay marriage or religion or almost anything else really, people would be banned for the disgusting manner they talk to others with about circing.

And though you personally may not believe the benefits outweigh the risks, there are some medical reasons for circing. They may not be important to you, but that does not diminish someone else's reasoning.

And just like I don't care about whether any of the moms on here circ or not, I really don't care what is happening/has happened to your husband's penis. Nothing personal, I just think it's a private matter.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #1488
kushie tushie
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

No one is name calling? Riiiiight. If it were a different topic, such as gay marriage or religion or almost anything else really, people would be banned for the disgusting manner they talk to others with about circing.

And though you personally may not believe the benefits outweigh the risks, there are some medical reasons for circing. They may not be important to you, but that does not diminish someone else's reasoning.

And just like I don't care about whether any of the moms on here circ or not, I really don't care what is happening/has happened to your husband's penis. Nothing personal, I just think it's a private matter.
Well either way those mamas use those words according to their definitions....

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1489
BESMama's Avatar
BESMama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 1,288
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

"If you don't go digging for the info and have no knowledge on it, your ignorant."

Yes, that is the definition of ignorant, but some of us HAVE dug into the facts and still have opted to circ. Please do not assume that because someone disagrees with you that they haven't done their research or clearly understood your position.
__________________
ISO: FCOL boy shirts and MM Woodland Tale yarn
BESMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #1490
kushie tushie
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESMama View Post
"If you don't go digging for the info and have no knowledge on it, your ignorant."

Yes, that is the definition of ignorant, but some of us HAVE dug into the facts and still have opted to circ. Please do not assume that because someone disagrees with you that they haven't done their research or clearly understood your position.
I wasn't talking about people who research and still decide to do it.
I still don't think its right to remove a functioning part of someone else's body without their consent but that's another topic. The topic was that people were naming calling which isn't true. Both words are/can be relevant to this case.

I dont use either word when talking to a circing mama. I was just clarifying that the meaning does apply.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.