Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #291
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I just wanted to update that while dh and I were out at dinner together tonight he has agreed to not circ our son!!!!! He still would prefer to have it done, but know that I feel MUCH stronger about not having it done than he does and wants to do what I believe in!!!!

Advertisement

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #292
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to encourage you mamas that have DH's that won't watch the video. My DH wanted to circ and I didn't. He refused to watch any videos or really do any research. But, when DS was born, my DH just couldn't even think about letting a dr cut part of his son in that super sensitive area. It was just different once faced with the reality of his own child being circ. DH now agrees that we did what was best for our DS by leaving him the way God made him.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #293
reachtothestars
Registered Users
seller

because my dh doesn't like that his mom mutilated his body and didn't want our son to be mutilated in his opinion so I said okay. No biggie. No problems with our uncircumcised son.
reachtothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #294
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woohoo i was watching the video in our office and bf was here too.. Pen and teller came on.. he likes them.. that caught his attention. He wasnt fully intune with the video but with what he saw and heard I think it got the point accross. Just the pain part and seeing them start the procedure (or hearing them.. not sure if he was watching it or just hearing it..) got him more on my side! Ive been trying for months now to talk to him about it and he wont even discuss it.. alls i get out is a few sentences before its about to start a huge fight but, thankgoodness ive been able to get him to atleast see what it is..

This is my 3rd boy, first 2 were circ I didnt know anything! I was ignorant in alot of things but I was a learning mama! and I still am learning. I try to not think about my first 2 but honestly now i cant help but picture how terrible it looked it healed super fast and they are fine and nothing went wrong but OMG the after effect was sad.. (my first baby i had horrible ppd the first few weeks to me are a blur horrible to say but they are... I think that if i woudl have remembered the circ then, i would have not done it the second time..)

anyways thanks for posting the video!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #295
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #296
BumChums
Banned~Multiple accounts~ mum2b3 and Bumchums
seller

My Mood:

Im going to make my DH read this, IMHO i think its cruel and inapropriate and there is NO need to put your baby through that pain. i hope that DH gets off his idea of CC our son (if we have one!) thankyou mama for posting this!!
BumChums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #297
mamakori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first son is circumcised. I did not want it, but my DH felt strongly about it, and at the time I decided to let him make the "penis decisions." It was the wrong choice and I cried about it for a long time. When DS #2 was born, we did not circumcise him. So far it has been a non-issue for us. The boys bathe together several times a week and my oldest has never noticed that his brother is different. I'm sure he will someday, but it's just not an issue for now. I can never undo my oldest son's genital mutilation, but it has helped having another son who does not have to deal with that. Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that you do not have to circumcise all boys in a family just because that's the decision you made the first time.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #298
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakori View Post
My first son is circumcised. I did not want it, but my DH felt strongly about it, and at the time I decided to let him make the "penis decisions." It was the wrong choice and I cried about it for a long time. When DS #2 was born, we did not circumcise him. So far it has been a non-issue for us. The boys bathe together several times a week and my oldest has never noticed that his brother is different. I'm sure he will someday, but it's just not an issue for now. I can never undo my oldest son's genital mutilation, but it has helped having another son who does not have to deal with that. Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that you do not have to circumcise all boys in a family just because that's the decision you made the first time.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #299
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #300
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakori View Post
Same thing here, DS1 is circ'd even though I really didn't want it done, but my DH was so pushy, I just left the decision up to him. DS2 is 2 years younger than DS1 and I flat out told my DH is wasn't going to happen. He still doesn't agree with me and wishes DS2 was circ'd, but too damn bad. If my 2nd son wants it done after he's 18, that's up to him. If this next baby is a boy, he won't be circ'd either.

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote