Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #461
bls26
Registered Users

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

We won't be circing. DH is circ'd but he is opposed to it.

Advertisement

bls26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #462
mbleblanc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havent read everyones comments but I had to comment.

I live in Canada so maybe it is different in the US but perfoming circ's is not at all common here. Even if you wanted to do it there are no doctors in my town that will do it. The hospital hands out pamplets about why they do NOT perform them.
Pro-circ moms can clap and jump up and down all they want but why in the world would you cut the most sensitive part of your sons body off? That is barbaric!
Also, there are NO health benefits to being circ'd so that is not a valid excuse.

My son is perfect the way he was born, I'm sorry that pro-circ mama's feel that their son's are not.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #463
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great list especially #10
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #464
bls26
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraOrdinary View Post
I have a question.

For those who are vehemently opposed to circs, are you also opposed to ear piercings of babies and little girls?
I am anti-circ and anti-ear piercing infants. I firmly believe their body their choice for boys and girls.

bls26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #465
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbleblanc View Post

My son is perfect the way he was born, I'm sorry that pro-circ mama's feel that their son's are not.
This x 10

EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #466
thrifty917
Registered Users

Quote:

THIS!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #467
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I havent read everyones comments but I had to comment.

I live in Canada so maybe it is different in the US but perfoming circ's is not at all common here. Even if you wanted to do it there are no doctors in my town that will do it. The hospital hands out pamplets about why they do NOT perform them.
Pro-circ moms can clap and jump up and down all they want but why in the world would you cut the most sensitive part of your sons body off? That is barbaric!
Also, there are NO health benefits to being circ'd so that is not a valid excuse.

The pro-circ mamas are doing their sons a great dissservice. One day thier sons will grow up and may want an intact penis to pleasure thier spouse. Both the man and the woman benifit from a normal sex-life. A circed man can NEVER have a normal sex-life with a caousled, exposed, and deadened penis.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #468
tonnabelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
The pro-circ mamas are doing their sons a great dissservice. One day thier sons will grow up and may want an intact penis to pleasure thier spouse. Both the man and the woman benifit from a normal sex-life. A circed man can NEVER have a normal sex-life with a caousled, exposed, and deadened penis.
I'm pretty sure my circ'd husband will disagree with you, as do I. Our sex life is so much better than normal. It's fantastic! I'm wondering how you are so sure they NEVER have a normal sex life...
Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #469
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnabelle View Post
I'm pretty sure my circ'd husband will disagree with you, as do I. Our sex life is so much better than normal. It's fantastic! I'm wondering how you are so sure they NEVER have a normal sex life...
It is not "normal" because they have a sensitive part of their sex organ removed. And the glandis is desensitized by the rubbing on clothing over the years after the removal of the forskin. You cannot not call it "normal" when there are pieces missing.

I am only trying to use termanologly that aptly describes the situation. Not trying to be anything other than factual.

There are couples that learn to work around these issues through artifical lubricants and forskin restoration. But it will never be the same as a man who had never had pieces of his penis removed.

I understand many men are happy in their circumcised state and seek to defend the practice – and their masculinity and sexuality at the same time. Unfortunately, the reality is that a penis which is missing its moving parts and most sensitive parts can only ever experience second-rate sex. Enjoyable no doubt, but always second rate – much like a man born with one working eye thouroughly enjoys ’seeing’.

Last edited by Pat899; 05-04-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #470
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to say I disagree with the reason where you quoted scripture (reason number 9) You quoted Galations 5:6:

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

This passage says that there is no value in circ'ing or NOT circ'ing, neither has value. Thus not circumcising does not have more (or less) value than circumcising. Nowhere does it say that you should not circumcise.

Last edited by adavieau; 05-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.
adavieau is online now   Reply With Quote