Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #491
luvr4ula
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

This got me so upset My boys were both circ'd but mainly only because my husband insisted since he is. If it were up to me, I know they wouldn't have been without a doubt. Both times I handed them to the nurse for the procedure, I fell apart and cried after she left with such guilt I regret it.

Advertisement

*Wife to Leonel- since 12.23.05*
luvr4ula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #492
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #493
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for bumping this! Good information, I just bookmarked it. My DS is circ'd, after having done the research I do regret doing it. I def will not circ my future boys!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #494
hadfield531
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were young and naive when we had our first baby, a boy. We did everything we were told to--because we were told to. We didn;t realize that there were options (vaccines, circumcision...)...I have felt guilty about having him circ'd since the first BM he had right after the procedure. He SCREAMED. And this continued for almost 2 months. DH wants it done again if baby is a boy, because he thinks baby will feel too "different" since daddy and big brother have it done. I, personally, after researching it after our last experience, feel that feeling "different" is a hell of a lot easier to get over than being circ'd as a helpless and confused baby. And if he really wants it done when he gets older, he can get it done himself and make his own choice. My oldest son is now 6 years old and there's not a day that goes by that I don't regret having done that to him. And I feel resentful over the fact that the concept was presented to us as a "must-do" (along with the vaccines), when we were so young and so new at it. It didn't help any that I came from a strong medical background in my family, where unecessary intervention is the only way to do anything. Reading this made me feel sick again And I really hope, for this reason alone, that this baby is a girl. I don't ever want to have to think about this again!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #495
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone have information on foreskin restoration? Just interested in how it works, if it actually comes close to how how the penis originally was before being circ'd.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #496
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Does anyone have information on foreskin restoration? Just interested in how it works, if it actually comes close to how how the penis originally was before being circ'd.
There is lots of good info out there if you google it. The man has to do it himself, and it takes years. They get back the smooth/moist glans skin texture once it is long enough to stay covered, and depending on how they were circumcised, they can get some of the same interesting nerves to grow longer. (Some types of circumcision leave more remnants of foreskin inner skin on the penis - this is the skin at the end, below the scar line that has the different color and texture. If they have this, and this is what they stretch, they can get a lot of the sensations back.) They can never get the frenulum back (the webbing underneath that keeps the foreskin forwards and is very sensitive) nor the dartos muscle (the "drawstring" muscle at the end of the foreskin that keeps it closed and forward over the glans.)

There are some men who were circumcised as adults and who then later restored their foreskins. They are the only ones truly qualified to discuss the topic as they have experienced sex with a natural foreskin, circumcised, and then with a restored foreskin. Some of the things they have said are that sex after the circumcision was like going from color tv to black and white but that when they restored, they got almost all of the sensation back, and most of the functioning (can't get back the frenulum and dartos muscle that keep the foreskin forward and provide interesting sensations of their own.)

Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #497
Connor
Registered Users
seller

So is there any way to restore the foreskin of a child? Would they have to wait until they were an adult?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #498
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So is there any way to restore the foreskin of a child? Would they have to wait until they were an adult?
No, he has to do it himself, b/c it requires a mature penis, and applying a device 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, so it really needs to be his choice.

When he is old enough, you can explain to him that you regret his circumcision, but that you did the best you knew how to do at the time, and that there is the option of restoration that would be his choice. For a lot of men, having the choice is very important, since the circumcision itself was not their choice.

Last edited by Galatea; 08-11-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #499
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
No, he has to do it himself, b/c it requires a mature penis, and applying a device 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, so it really needs to be his choice.

When he is old enough, you can explain to him that you regret his circumcision, but that you did the best you knew how to do at the time, and that there is the option of restoration that would be his choice. For a lot of men, having the choice is very important, since the circumcision itself was not their choice.
I feel really bad, especiallly after reading this thread!! I hate that I didn't research my options and made the wrong decision. Just wish I could do something to restore it! Oh, well, that's just life I guess. Make mistakes and learn from them and move on.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #500
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I feel really bad, especiallly after reading this thread!! I hate that I didn't research my options and made the wrong decision. Just wish I could do something to restore it! Oh, well, that's just life I guess. Make mistakes and learn from them and move on.
And that's a great attitude to have... I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, and I just try to learn from them. Self-recrimination doesn't help, nor does stubbornly clinging to the old ways. You will be okay.