Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #581
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
I'm very much against RIC and my son will NOT be circumcised. That being said, I think people far too often blame circumcision for the lack of female orgasm. There have been many, many studies on what it takes for most women to orgasm. Studies done in the US show that 70-75% of women cannot orgasm through penetration alone. They need clitoral stimulation. Similar studies in Europe show the exact same figures, including a recent study done in Germany (where the circumcision rate is between 10-20%) that also shows that 70% of German women require clitoral stimulation to orgasm. There are indeed benefits to not circumcising babies, but I have yet to see any evidence that this is one of them. The studies just don't support it, and I think it just places unnecessary blame and creates unrealistic expectations. Contrary to what p*rn would lead you to believe, the majority of women do not orgasm from penetration. And that is just as true in countries with high circumcision rates as it is in countries with low circumcision rates.
It's not so much about orgasm from penetration, as it is the mechanics of intact intercourse allowing it to happen easier. Yes, most people need clitoral stimulation, but the intact penis doesn't get in the way of orgasm. The reason is that intact penises move within their own foreskin while thrusting, which gives a rolling pressure. Circumcised penises move within the vagina, which causes friction. This makes lubrication often necessary, and contributes to vaginismus as the woman ages (b/c of the friction on the vaginal nerves.) For the man, the sensations of the foreskin and its ridged band gliding over his penis stimulates the pressure nerves in the head and shaft, while the nerves found only in the foreskin provide finer sensations. This means that he can orgasm through slower and gentler thrusting, which is better for the woman. Circumcised men often have to pound away to orgasm, which can be uncomfortable for the woman.

So as a woman, it is easier to come from clitoral stimulation if you don't have to ignore the painful friction and pounding required for your partner to come.

Incidentally, this was known to at least Rabbi Maimonides in the middle ages, and the purpose was to make sex worse so that people would keep their thoughts on god.

Advertisement

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #582
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

On another note, I think we should try to avoid characterizing other parents as bad or abusive. Everyone makes decisions for their children out of love, and it only shuts down learning if we attack them. I have intense feelings about circumcision, but most of the time, it is not about evil parents - we are all struggling to deal with our own or our husband's feelings and it is hard to overcome a lifetime of conditioning and emotionally-fraught beliefs.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #583
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
the only orgasms from penetration I've ever had, from 4 partners, including my poor husband, were from my uncut boyfriend.
Only I've had more than 1 intact partner and was able to O during intercourse with each one of them, and NEVER with a circ'ed partner (incl my DH). Interestingly, I never realized it was because of their intact status until after my son was born 4 years ago and I was doing a ton of reading about the purpose of the foreskin. THEN it all made sense. Especially with the dryness/soreness thing, that never happened with my intact exes.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #584
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #585
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #586
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love this list and every parent should read it!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #587
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

I wish a friend of mine had seen this before she had her son circumcised.

This was just a few weeks ago. They used the plastibell and it came off before it was "ready". She had to take him to the ped and he had to use a scalpel to scrape off the adhesions and replace the plastibell. She said her son screamed bloody murder through the whole thing. Poor sweet baby.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #588
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for this ! I am pg now and of course dh is hoping for a boy. This will be a fight we have. I am anti but he is circ'd so of course he's all for it. I will be sharing this with him in hopes to help him understand. I'm sorry that there's still a debate over it.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #589
AJ_Parks
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just had to share this with you all. I have always not wanted to circumcise a son of mine because when I was in school doing a nursing rotation I had to hold down a poor little newborn boy who was being circumcised, it was horrible so horrible I passed out this happened when I was in high school. So we have two girls so it was never brought up with dh but now I'm pregnant with a boy and we had to have that talk. I told my side of the story fully ready for a fight and I wanted him to watch the video of it being done. He said no way he was going to watch it and he totally agreed we should not be cutting anything off his penis! Glad it was so easy!
#3 due in June
AJ_Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #590
Ambystoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Thanks for this ! I am pg now and of course dh is hoping for a boy. This will be a fight we have. I am anti but he is circ'd so of course he's all for it. I will be sharing this with him in hopes to help him understand. I'm sorry that there's still a debate over it.
Have you started the dialogue with him? He may surprise you. Many circed DHs don't care one way or another, or after finding out the research will realize how unnecessary it is. Good luck!