Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #51
Fawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
"the truth will set you free, but first it will pi$$ you off."
Lol!

Advertisement

Fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #52
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
I have heard the stories of plenty of parents and nurses who's first hand experience was very much like that video....
Of course you have! That doesn't mean there aren't those experiences that were fine!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #53
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

I'm not saying this to upset anyone in retrospect -- but I think it is important to know that it is NOT possible to receive good anesthesia with a circ lasting all of 5 minutes. I'm surprised they were even able to do the procedure that quickly -- but that timing pretty much ensures that there was no anesthesia. Even EMLA cream takes longer to take effect than that, and it doesn't help with the deep tissue trauma. A ring block takes awhile because one must WAIT for the numbness to take effect after the series of injections. And even the AAP states that no method fully removes the pain. We now know that newborns are in fact HYPER sensitive to pain -- a quiet baby with inadequate anesthesia means shock.

For those who are saying to each their own -- realize that for many of us it is a human rights issue. You, of course, don't have to agree -- but that's why we care about it so much when it is other people's children.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #54
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Foreskins are not a birth defect.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #55
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Of course you have! That doesn't mean there aren't those experiences that were fine!
I truly hope your son's experience was as ok as possible, but please understand - he has a lifetime ahead of him for problems to occur. Many of the adverse effects don't show up until the boy is much older, sometimes after he's too old to come to his parents to talk about it. This is another way that circ is perpetuated as harmless, because parents never know of the damage and problems it has caused their sons later in life. Even they guy himself may not realize what is causing his problem(s) because let's face it, it's not an everyday topic and circ is so very common here.

Thankfully, the internet has helped many, many guys find out exactly what was taken from them and what they can do about it. Foreskin restoration is getting more and more common all the time, but even that cannot give them back everything they lost.

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #56
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post

No foreskins in this family!

To each their own! But just b/c people don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a twist and hop on your high horse. WHO CARES if people agree with you....just walk away!

Edenite....on another thought. People around here are not used to having a pro circ person being so vocal. Not many pro circ mama's are willing to step foot in these discussions. So, these debates always looks one sided.
Yeah, I found out the hard way.....

No foreskins here either!
Edenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #57
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My cousins are not circ'd and the one is almost 18 years old and a total activist. Especially after my friends son Chris needed his circ repaired at the age of five and he will need another repair in a few years (he's 12 now). That only made my cousin more active. He asks women he knows if they are having boys and he makes many of the same points as the OP, except from his personal perspective. He thinks he has made a difference. He keeps pointing out that it should be the guys choice since he is the one who owns the thing! He also said the ones who argue the most are usually prochoice and he has a discussion about the choice to do with your own body what you want and boys and... Not totally sure how he works that, but he's 17 and a creative thinker. He typically gets a phone call sometime while we are talking because he is a popular high school jock. I'll have to steal his phone to get the rest of what he says!
As I don't have a son, most think I should have no opinion, but as a woman who has had to deal with botched circ's in her partners, I have a strong opinion.
Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #58
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
I truly hope your son's experience was as ok as possible, but please understand - he has a lifetime ahead of him for problems to occur. Many of the adverse effects don't show up until the boy is much older, sometimes after he's too old to come to his parents to talk about it. This is another way that circ is perpetuated as harmless, because parents never know of the damage and problems it has caused their sons later in life. Even they guy himself may not realize what is causing his problem(s) because let's face it, it's not an everyday topic and circ is so very common here.

Thankfully, the internet has helped many, many guys find out exactly what was taken from them and what they can do about it. Foreskin restoration is getting more and more common all the time, but even that cannot give them back everything they lost.
I have never heard a man say he was suffering b/c he doesn't have foreskin. Most don't even know they were born with skin there to begin with, until you tell them.
Edenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #59
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite View Post
I have never heard a man say he was suffering b/c he doesn't have foreskin. Most don't even know they were born with skin there to begin with, until you tell them.
My FIL told me he wishes he had his foreskin and that's why he didnt want dh circed. He said he wishes he had had a choice b/c he feels he is missing out. So now you have heard of one. And if you want to hear of some more men who feel they are suffering there are plenty of men who try to restore, just google the topic. There are even comments on YouTube videos of men that are angry at their parents for cutting their penis without consent.

How could someone know what they dont know anyway?? If they havent had the experience, how could their opinion on the topic really count? I have never been circumcised, so how could I give the opinion that it doesnt matter in the long run? Same thing. Someone could never compare sex between the 2 if they had never had the experience with a foreskin.

And the fact that alot of men think a circ'ed penis is "normal" is a reflection of our society's ignorance, not the validity of circumcisions and verification they they "do no harm".
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 AM   #60
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite View Post
I know 5 personally. I know another man whose circumcision makes erections very painful, to the point where penetrating a woman simply hurts. Sex actually hurts him b/c of the circumcision.

There are pages and pages of men's stories regarding the problems their circumcisions caused them. If men are unaware of what circumcision removes, they don't connect their problems with circumcision. The fact that you are unaware of the problems does not mean they don't exist.

Among the more common problems:

Too little skin to allow full erection. Erections are tight and uncomfortable. Sometimes the skin literally splits open.

Curved/bent penis.

Hair extends up the shaft b/c there is not enough skin, so they belly and testicle skin is literally pulled forward.

Man requires a lot of hard pounding to orgasm.

Skin bridges and tags (bits of scar tissue like webbing on the penis. Very attractive, and hard to clean.)

Meatal stenosis (the urethral opening becomes narrowed and hardened b/c of contact with urine and clothing, causing discomfort and urinary difficulty.)

Progressive loss of sensation over time, ending in early impotence.

And those are just the common problems for men.

For women, the effects are more subtle. The foreskin is designed to make a seal inside the vagina, keeping the woman's natural lubrication inside her, where it is needed. Artificial lubrication is almost never necessary. During sex, the man's penis moves in and out of his own foreskin, so the woman feels a more gentle rolling pressure instead of the plunger action and friction at the vaginal opening which dries her out. She is rarely sore after sex with an intact man. Many American women think that they are frigid b/c they "don't get wet enough" or find sex painful, but the reality is that their partner's circumcision is the problem, not them.

I know a man who chose to be circumcised at age 18. He was not a virgin. The first time he had sex afterward, he knew what a mistake he had made. One of the saddest comments I have ever heard was a man who compared sex with his foreskin to sex without: with his foreskin it was like color tv, and after the circumcision, it was like black and white. Circumcised men lack Meissner corpuscles, which are the fine touch receptor nerves found only in the foreskin, lips, and fingertips, so they simply never can imagine what sex feels like for an intact man.

Now, tell me - why is a parent's idea of what is attractive more important than any of these things? How is it that simply saying, "I think being circumcised is better/prettier" counters any of the scientific, medical and sexual evidence to the contrary? Earlier in this thread, someone said that facts are relative - whose facts? The people who look to facts to make the proper decision, or the people who ignore the facts b/c of some old rumors and what they personally like better?

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote