Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #621
cramtonian
Registered Users
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Yes!
My father, a physician, asked me whether or not we were getting DS (not yet born) circed. When I told him no (and why), he commented that it's less sanitary to have foreskin. I explained the myths behind circ, and he seemed to accept that.
Thankfully, DH is supportive of just about everything I believe and let me make the final decision, and we're going with non-circ when DS pops out.

Advertisement

cramtonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #622
cheerkri
Banned

If someone says "I"m going to jump off a bridge" - you're not just going to say "Well, crap, her minds made up even though it's wrong, so I'll just support it" so I'm sure as heck not going to just go along with someone's WRONG opinion just because they think they've done their 'research and made up their mind' - there is ZERO (Zeeeeero) medical reasoning for it, unless you're reading medical journals about twenty years outdated... so the 'research' excuse is a cop-out, and I'm going to call you out on it, because even if YOU don't use your head to change your mind... someone else reading it WILL!
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #623
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both my boys are circed.. no harm done.. they are still healthy, smart boys.. I don't feel it was a "critical mistake"... Lucky for me, i had 2 more girls so i wouldn't be considered a "bad mama"...
Old 01-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #624
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is uncirc'd.....and DH is uncirc'd....I am a medical professional......and I made the unpopular choice here (geographically where I live). I was surprised at how many people think it is the minority to not be.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #625
cheerkri
Banned

Quote:
both my boys are circed.. no harm done..
Says you...
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #626
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri

ROFL. Giving a non-bias website demonstrating a circumcision is hardly inciting drama. Maybe if you posted "YOU IDIOTS ARE MUTILATING YOUR CHILDREN! OK BYE!" would have warranted that.
So because I circ'd my first son I'm an idiot and mutilated him? I think that is a little harsh. I was younger and naive and thought it was just the norm. Yes that is my fault for not doing my research, but it was my mistake. I hardly think that makes me an idiot. And I would never intentionally choose to mutilate my child. Maybe you see that I did in circling him, but I think it's uncalled for for anyone to say these kinds of things. I wish I could go back and change our decision but I cannot.

We are having another boy and after the incident in the may ddc i have done more research and read through this thread and we are not wanting to circ him so we won't be. I already feel horrible for making the decision to circ our first, but I dont think this makes me a horrible parent and certainly not an idiot.

I just don't feel the need to look down upon another Mama for the parenting choices she has made. Whether you feel it was her choice to make or not doesn't mean they should be treated like horrible parents.

Do you understand how this comes off to parents who did choose to circumcise one child but have decided against it for future sons? It makes me feel like complete crap so I am sure it does others in my position as well.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!

Last edited by MamaSarahMay; 01-26-2011 at 04:29 PM.
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #627
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSarahMay View Post
So because I circ'd my first son I'm an idiot and mutilated him? I think that is a little harsh. I was younger and naive and thought it was just the norm. Yes that is my fault for not doing my research, but it was my mistake. I hardly think that makes me an idiot. And I would never intentionally choose to mutilate my child. Maybe you see that I did in circling him, but I think it's uncalled for for anyone to say these kinds of things. I wish I could go back and change our decision but I cannot.

We are having another boy and after the incident in the may ddc i have done more research and read through this thread and we are not wanting to circ him so we won't be. I already feel horrible for making the decision to circ our first, but I dont think this makes me a horrible parent and certainly not an idiot.

I just don't feel the need to look down upon another Mama for the parenting choices she has made. Whether you feel it was her choice to make or not doesn't mean they should be treated like horrible parents.

Do you understand how this comes off to parents who did choose to circumcise one child but have decided against it for future sons? It makes me feel like complete crap so I am sure it does others in my position as well.
Thank you for posting this. I really was getting upset with the turn this thread took as of late to bashing other mamas and developing an "us against them" mentality.

I don't think you're a bad mom for making a mistake. I've made plenty. I would certainly hate for anyone to judge my every move and tell me what a bad mom I am for doing x, y, or z.

Can we just keep it on a level of support and education please?

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #628
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSarahMay View Post

My opinion is this...
Are you an idiot? Clearly not, because you chose to do your research this time, and every child saved is wonderful!
Did you mutilate your child. Yes, you did. Just as I did. My first son is circ'd, my other two are not. By the definition of mutilation, that's excaclty what we did. It sucks, and sounds awful, but is the absolute truth.
I'm so glad that you changed your mind. Your baby will thank you someday. And I'm glad that the discussion got brought up in the May DDC as it did work to save someone's baby! Good job mama!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #629
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie'sMama

Thank you for posting this. I really was getting upset with the turn this thread took as of late to bashing other mamas and developing an "us against them" mentality.

I don't think you're a bad mom for making a mistake. I've made plenty. I would certainly hate for anyone to judge my every move and tell me what a bad mom I am for doing x, y, or z.

Can we just keep it on a level of support and education please?
Thank you. I agree this thread should stay one of support and education. I found a on of useful information throughout it.

I was really offended by the "idiot" post, but maybe it was not her intention.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #630
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DommysMommy View Post
My opinion is this...
Are you an idiot? Clearly not, because you chose to do your research this time, and every child saved is wonderful!
Did you mutilate your child. Yes, you did. Just as I did. My first son is circ'd, my other two are not. By the definition of mutilation, that's excaclty what we did. It sucks, and sounds awful, but is the absolute truth.
I'm so glad that you changed your mind. Your baby will thank you someday. And I'm glad that the discussion got brought up in the May DDC as it did work to save someone's baby! Good job mama!
elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote