Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #691
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie'sMama View Post
I think that makes the point all that much more interesting. Most moms would hear about getting a nose job on a child for cosmetic reasons and think it was absurd and would outwardly say so. But cosmetic surgery on a newborn baby boy's genitals is normal and should not be met with judgment apparently.
Oh definitely! It just baffles the hell out of me how parents can be allowed to cosmetically alter their kids, at all. I've seen those undercover video shows where they ask in parents and see just how far they would agree to going to get their kid on TV. 7yr old needs a boob job? Sure. 3 yr old needs a chin implant? No problem! It's becoming so accepted that it really makes me worried about where our world will be in 20, 30, 50 more years, kwim?

(for the record, SO finally decided that he didn't want to circ. We had been talking it over since we found out the sex, and after researching it, he wouldn't do it if you paid him, and he's actually pretty pissed that he didn't research it before his ODS was born and that he got circ'd.)

Advertisement

Last edited by Hillargh; 04-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #692
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Whoot! I found out I'm having a boy and we are not circ'ing!!!! Dh is on board! Yay! I read this post a while back and it really helped me seal the deal! TY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
I've always supported this, and am SO HAPPY to get to turn it down for my own son finally!
Congratulations to you both, and thank you for letting us know! It is really great to hear of baby boys being born into a gentler world. :-)

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #693
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

We actually hadn't made the non-circ decision until after our son was born. We were just up in the air about it and hadn't read much so we opted for not having him circ'ed right away. The more we read, the more satisfied we were in letting him remain intact.
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #694
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm glad that this baby if it is a boy will be left intact. Thank goodness for my DH opening his mind to the facts.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #695
mamaoftwoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I like this thread! Ds was NOT circumcised and I'm glad it was never in question with dh and I, we just never even considered doing it. And I'm so glad for that, friends and family members make comments on it being dirty or abnormal, and I see nothing abnormal about what god gave you!
mamaoftwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #696
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Whoot! I found out I'm having a boy and we are not circ'ing!!!! Dh is on board! Yay! I read this post a while back and it really helped me seal the deal! TY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
I've always supported this, and am SO HAPPY to get to turn it down for my own son finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
(for the record, SO finally decided that he didn't want to circ. We had been talking it over since we found out the sex, and after researching it, he wouldn't do it if you paid him, and he's actually pretty pissed that he didn't research it before his ODS was born and that he got circ'd.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I'm glad that this baby if it is a boy will be left intact. Thank goodness for my DH opening his mind to the facts.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #697
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yup, DS2 is intact partially because of this post

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #698
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree, the photos are bad enough...the videos are even more eye opening. I think it should be MANDATORY for people to watch this before they make the choice to slice their sons penises apart.
Quote:
I totally agree, I think it should be required that every single parent who takes their child to be circ'd should have to watch a full length circ video with volume.
ITA! I wonder how many parents would change their minds if only the hospitals would make a video mandatory!!
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #699
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

I took the time to read this whole thread. Yup, the whole thing.

It's taken awhile, but has been worth it. DS is intact, but it's only because of a series of fortunate events. I only wish someone who felt strongly about leaving boys the way they are born had crossed my path.

I come from several generations on both sides who are intact. My nephew, though, "had" to be circ'ed at 5 years old due to reasons that were never really explained. The best explanation I got was that "his mom didn't make sure it was kept clean". I know it was a difficult experience for my nephew. I also knew that for some reason, no one on my mom or dad's side had been circ'ed. However, there was a powerful pull coming from the fact that everyone else seemed to me. I did a little research, but really couldn't find any compelling evidence to circ. (From my perspective, I can to be convinced to do it, not the other way around. I asked DH's opinion (long story, but DH is not DS's biological father, but he's been around since before I found out I was pregnant and DS biological father wasn't around). DH felt that circ-ing was some sort of "rite of passage". I questioned whether it was the right thing to do and didn't have anywhere near the amount of information I've found in this thread. I questioned whether I was doing DS a disservice, but just couldn't handle the thought of intentionally causing my sweet baby boy pain without a really good reason. I was convinced a really good reason had to be out there since so many parents circ. I never found it, but I was still undecided when DS was born.

Fortunately, the pediatrician at the hospital knocked, popped his head in the door casually and said, "You're not circumcising, right?" I told him, embarrassed, that I hadn't decided. He said, "There's no reason to, really. I'll bring you a pamphlet that explains the procedure." The pamphlet described the process in a painfully clear way. I remembered back to Lucas' first bath that the nurse gave him, and how he screamed bloody murder for that! How could I put him through a circumcision?? The next day when the pediatrician stopped by he confirmed that I didn't want it. He made it clear through the whole process that he doesn't recommend it - and it was just what I needed to hear.

Last night I visited with a friend who just had her second son on the first of this month. I remember talking with her about circ'ing way back when we were both pregnant. I think her stance was the whole, "Daddy is, baby will be". It pained me to see her young son with an altered penis. I'm hoping this thread and all you informative, intativist mamas give me the courage to speak up about leaving our sons the way they were designed, perfect in every way!
NewbieSAHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #700
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have a DS (yet, but hopefully in the future), but you all have given me a lot to consider! Thanks! I never really thought about it all that much, but definitely see the pros and cons of both sides...
Emmers22185 is offline   Reply With Quote