Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #701
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
Yup, DS2 is intact partially because of this post
Yay!!!!!

Advertisement

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #702
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Love this post
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #703
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #704
Seretesi8878
Registered Users

My Mood:

So I didn't read all 71 pages but I did see some wow comments lol.

My son is two months old and unfortunately I did get him circ. I regret it terribly! My husband Is not circ. and due to the fact he's the only one I have DTD with I didn't know the difference until I got pregnant with my son. We only talked about it once and my DH said he didn't want him Circ. Well I grew up being told boys get circ. So when I had my son I was asked right away did I want to circ. I honestly felt rushed and said I do. My DH didn't object ( I wished he did). After I got him back from the procedure they wanted to show me how to change his diaper. The second the nurse opened his diaper and I saw what they did I got hysterical. They than showed me how to put the medicine on it and all that jazz. My son did not cry but I cried every time I had to change his diaper until it healed.
I wish my husband would have been more stern with me and I wished I would have researched it more before he was born. I feel this post is a great thing and if people think its "rude" to post facts than you know what, the title of the post is very self explainatory don't come in. I wish I would have read this before I gave birth to my son.

I also feel that doctors kind of rush the decisions and doesn't give parents the time to think about it at least. I will not be getting circ done to any more future boys that I may have.

In that note I do not feel that i have "abused" my son. I do feel bad what I put him through but I would DEFINITELY NOT label myself as i abused him like some have posted. I was not informed that it was not medically neccessary to circ therefore I made a decision to have him circ. Now that I know facts I will not repeat it. The only thing I can do now is pray that my son will not get any of the side effects to my lack of knowledge.

So thanks for the information! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #705
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pp I an glad you are so open to information! I am so sorry you regret your sons circumcision, but we do better when we know better. Knowledge is power!
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #706
jessica_m_b3
Registered Users
seller

I completely agree! That is why Charlie is uncircumcised and DS2 will be too!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #707
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #708
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seretesi8878 View Post

My son is two months old and unfortunately I did get him circ. I regret it terribly! My husband Is not circ. and due to the fact he's the only one I have DTD with I didn't know the difference until I got pregnant with my son. We only talked about it once and my DH said he didn't want him Circ. Well I grew up being told boys get circ. So when I had my son I was asked right away did I want to circ. I honestly felt rushed and said I do. My DH didn't object ( I wished he did). After I got him back from the procedure they wanted to show me how to change his diaper. The second the nurse opened his diaper and I saw what they did I got hysterical. They than showed me how to put the medicine on it and all that jazz. My son did not cry but I cried every time I had to change his diaper until it healed.
I wish my husband would have been more stern with me and I wished I would have researched it more before he was born. I feel this post is a great thing and if people think its "rude" to post facts than you know what, the title of the post is very self explainatory don't come in. I wish I would have read this before I gave birth to my son.

I also feel that doctors kind of rush the decisions and doesn't give parents the time to think about it at least. I will not be getting circ done to any more future boys that I may have.

In that note I do not feel that i have "abused" my son. I do feel bad what I put him through but I would DEFINITELY NOT label myself as i abused him like some have posted. I was not informed that it was not medically neccessary to circ therefore I made a decision to have him circ. Now that I know facts I will not repeat it. The only thing I can do now is pray that my son will not get any of the side effects to my lack of knowledge.

My oldest was circd too, but I left my other two sons intact.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #709
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #710
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seretesi8878 View Post

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote