Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #761
happymarriedwkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

dh is all four boys are and after all is said and done to each their own for what their mind soul can handle and deal with.... not everyone is same for reasons nor should they have to defend why the do what they do - just like not all here on ds are totally green and crunchy but still they are here.... love them for who they are

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #762
famvangurp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to jump on the "not really your choice to make" wagon. I am certainly not going to call someone a bad parent for doing it, but I will continue to educate those who are struggling with the so-called "decision". It's not yours to make. Period.
I also sell Perfectly Posh! Message me for link!
famvangurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #763
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by famvangurp
I have to jump on the "not really your choice to make" wagon. I am certainly not going to call someone a bad parent for doing it, but I will continue to educate those who are struggling with the so-called "decision". It's not yours to make. Period.
ITA.

I would have been heartbroken if I discovered my parents had had an operation done on me for no reason. I am heartbroken for DH

Maybe it's more clear cut for me because I come from a country that is horrified to learn that Americans cut off the foreskin of their babies, but my heart hurts when I think about my poor defenseless DH as a newborn being strapped down and having the most sensitive part of his penis removed.

He was all for circumcising his sons, but after educating him on the subject he totally agrees it is stupid and risky and unnecessary. The reasons he gave boiled down to the myths of it being cleaner and 'his dad and himself were circumcised, so it's tradition'... Now he will jump into a debate and try to convince others of how bad it is...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #764
delore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
We also have other issues because of his circ - issues that we both thought were "normal" until we researched.
Us too. It absolutely enrages me that my pain and his lack of sensation are all because his (well-meaning) parents bought into a decades-old BS myth and some woman can have her expensive moisturizer made from MY HUSBAND'S foreskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
I wonder if the AAP will ever change their stance as long as people can sell foreskins for big money. They kind of remind me of the FDA and USDA corruption-wise.

http://www.atcc.org/ATCCAdvancedCata...e=primaryCells

http://ccr.coriell.org/Sections/Sear...=NHFK&PgId=202
Old 06-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #765
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delore View Post
Us too. It absolutely enrages me that my pain and his lack of sensation are all because his (well-meaning) parents bought into a decades-old BS myth and some woman can have her expensive moisturizer made from MY HUSBAND'S foreskin.
That's the thing, though... not all parents who circumcise are uneducated, and buying into "BS myths." Unfortunately, that seems to be the common thought among those who are anti-circ.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #766
qberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms

That's the thing, though... not all parents who circumcise are uneducated, and buying into "BS myths." Unfortunately, that seems to be the common thought among those who are anti-circ.
Exactly. You can find this type of stance in most heated debates though. I'm not even going to act like I don't get on some high horse about women who don't breastfeed and give excuses because I do. My dh is circd and so is ds. Do I have an excuse, not really. I'm Jewish and I'm assuming dh's parents did it because it was normal then. I'm very educated, probably more than most who circ (anesthesiology med major) but I chose to and would again because it means something to my religion.
Win Cloth Diapers - My Giveaway Blog!
qberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #767
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do you know your son is going to follow the same religion?

There is no reason unless medically necessary (and all other routes have been exhausted) to circ. None. I suspect my FIL & DH's Aunt are *****y because they think a 'real' reason to cut their kids was that their father had issues with being intact. He had issues because he was retracted early (boys foreskins are not meant to retract until puberty or later (sometimes earlier)) and that led to repeat infections.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #768
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is great. I love those reasons. I was very very lucky to marry a great UNcircumcised guy who supports keeping boys intact.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #769
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my dh just agreed to no circ today if baby is a boy!!! and my cnm made an interesting point today when she brought it up(and encouraged against it, yea!). she said they are already seeing insurance companies stop paying for it, as it is elective, she believes no one will be covering it in a few years in healthy newborns....wish they would hurry up with that, don't know too many people willing to shell out $500 to get their son circ'd. bet that would wake up some uneducated "its just what is done" parents out there!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #770
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkobus View Post
my dh just agreed to no circ today if baby is a boy!!! and my cnm made an interesting point today when she brought it up(and encouraged against it, yea!). she said they are already seeing insurance companies stop paying for it, as it is elective, she believes no one will be covering it in a few years in healthy newborns....wish they would hurry up with that, don't know too many people willing to shell out $500 to get their son circ'd. bet that would wake up some uneducated "its just what is done" parents out there!
awesome update, mama!

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote