Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #881
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

just finished reading the last line on the last page you linked to. Again. In fact, maybe for the third time now. Still don't know what the heck you're on about.

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #882
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

The point it that while it is a diagram of Biblical circumcision and Modern circumcision, it is not a link saying to circ, it is actually against circumcision, and includes the AAP guidelines for taking care of an intact penis.

Like I said, preconceived notions.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #883
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf View Post
The point it that while it is a diagram of Biblical circumcision and Modern circumcision, it is not a link saying to circ, it is actually against circumcision, and includes the AAP guidelines for taking care of an intact penis.

Like I said, preconceived notions.
ok, but you said you are having a biblical circumcision done right? which still involves the removal of something from a baby, does it not?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #884
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
ok, but you said you are having a biblical circumcision done right? which still involves the removal of something from a baby, does it not?
Yes, I am for religious reasons.

You seriously don't think that if someone is set on circ'ing, that is isn't better to give them an alternative that leaves the majority of foreskin? That it is better to holler at them, tell them they are awful and that they are abusing their son. Yeah, that is really going to go over well, NOT.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #885
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know I didn't use the word abuse, or call you awful, so ... yeah

If somebody is doing it for 'religious reasons' and then goes and has it done in a hospital, yeah, so not religious (rather, aesthetics, misguided info etc hidden behind 'religious reasons') and a true 'biblical circumcision' would be the least damaging of the two. But, BUT, there is another option that is not damaging at all. This is not a matter of exile of an adult who decided not to do it to themselves or life and death; I am one of those crazies who believes that your religious right/freedom ends when it encroaches on someone else's basic rights as a human. I could never encourage one form of circumcision over another simply because one is less traumatic, it is what it is, skin is still removed from a non-consenting human being who can't fight back. It will never sit right with me, small piece of skin, large piece, forcibly ripped off, circulation tied off to kill the skin or 'gently' pulled and cut... biblical or not. My head and my heart just don't allow it.

Last edited by zandj; 10-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
zandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #886
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm saying that many times, I've been told that.

It doesn't win anyone.

I don't circ in a hospital. We see a pediatric urologist that uses appropriate pain relief and if he thinks he can't, does it under local anesthesia with appropriate pain med afterwards.

I do understand what you are saying, but I just respectfully disagree for my family.

And I don't think you're crazy, I just think we disagree, which is quite alright.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #887
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
I know I didn't use the word abuse, or call you awful, so ... yeah

If somebody is doing it for 'religious reasons' and then goes and has it done in a hospital, yeah, so not religious (rather, aesthetics, misguided info etc hidden behind 'religious reasons') and a true 'biblical circumcision' would be the least damaging of the two. But, BUT, there is another option that is not damaging at all. This is not a matter of exile of an adult who decided not to do it to themselves or life and death; I am one of those crazies who believes that your religious right/freedom ends when it encroaches on someone else's basic rights as a human. I could never encourage one form of circumcision over another simply because one is less traumatic, it is what it is, skin is still removed from a non-consenting human being who can't fight back. It will never sit right with me, small piece of skin, large piece, forcibly ripped off, circulation tied off to kill the skin or 'gently' pulled and cut... biblical or not. My head and my heart just don't allow it.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #888
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf View Post
I'm saying that many times, I've been told that.

It doesn't win anyone.

I don't circ in a hospital. We see a pediatric urologist that uses appropriate pain relief and if he thinks he can't, does it under local anesthesia with appropriate pain med afterwards.

I do understand what you are saying, but I just respectfully disagree for my family.

And I don't think you're crazy, I just think we disagree, which is quite alright.
I am confused. What is appropriate pain relief that is NOT local anesthesia?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #889
hippiemama86
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Amazing post! Thanks for sharing... so true! My family is def anti-circ. My husband and my son are both un circ'ed, and I couldn't be happier about that. Why would you want to cut off a piece of your babies penis? God put it there for a reason. Leave him alone!!!
Proud mama to 1 ds (11-9-09) Married to my best friend ever!
hippiemama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #890
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurkeyp View Post
I am confused. What is appropriate pain relief that is NOT local anesthesia?
They do a topical an hour before hand and then they only do the tip and numb it with a strong anesthetic. The Biblical circ takes under a minute including the strapping or holding down.