Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #911
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj
I will be interested to see how many men start suing doctors etc for their circumcisions. I know there are some who already are and are successful. Technically circumcision is already illegal; female circumcision is illegal and boys are granted equal protection/rights under the 14th amendment (but there is too much money to be made, selling foreskins for face cream and skin grafts anyone?). Once those boys circumcised after female genital mutilation was made illegal turn 18 they will be able to sue, and win.
There is a statute of limitations on medical malpractice though. Usually 16 months to 5 years. So there is no way it would hold up in court anyways.

Still loving this thread. Bottom line is that legal or not, it isnt right. Plenty of things are legal, and plenty are illegal, doesnt make them right.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #912
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
There is a statute of limitations on medical malpractice though. Usually 16 months to 5 years. So there is no way it would hold up in court anyways.

Still loving this thread. Bottom line is that legal or not, it isnt right. Plenty of things are legal, and plenty are illegal, doesnt make them right.
yes, I believe they have to do it within a certain time after they turn 18. There are lots of articles/info out there about it. Obviously a infant, toddler, child can't sue someone! Hopefully it will be illegal by then anyway...

to the other mama, yes, they can sue their parents but if the person feels they have been done harm and have life long consequences, the doctor's oath is to do no harm etc etc there's also the case for informed consent, a lot of parents are not properly informed about the procedure, side effects etc and that falls on the doctor/hospital too, I saw an example where the parents weren't told side effects like loss of sensation, or were rushed through signing, if the little boy then grows up to lose feeling in his parts (isn't the name censored here?) then he has a case there against the doc and hospital, kwim?

But anyway, my vote is for making it just plain illegal to remove pieces from a non-consenting minor, keep signing those petitions!!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #913
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually the clock starts ticking at age 18, even if the man was not aware if the damage yet. This is a stupid part of tort law and makes it hard for men to sue.

What I think will be interesting is the conflict between CA's new law saying that MGM is good, and the federal law that makes FGM illegal. Nicely sets up a case of equal protection...

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #914
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I heart this thread!!!
elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #915
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=ktmelody;13895232]There is a statute of limitations on medical malpractice though. Usually 16 months to 5 years. So there is no way it would hold up in court anyways.

Still loving this thread. Bottom line is that legal or not, it isnt right. Plenty of things are legal, and plenty are illegal, doesnt make them right.[/
QUOTE]

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #916
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
yes, I believe they have to do it within a certain time after they turn 18. There are lots of articles/info out there about it. Obviously a infant, toddler, child can't sue someone! Hopefully it will be illegal by then anyway...

to the other mama, yes, they can sue their parents but if the person feels they have been done harm and have life long consequences, the doctor's oath is to do no harm etc etc there's also the case for informed consent, a lot of parents are not properly informed about the procedure, side effects etc and that falls on the doctor/hospital too, I saw an example where the parents weren't told side effects like loss of sensation, or were rushed through signing, if the little boy then grows up to lose feeling in his parts (isn't the name censored here?) then he has a case there against the doc and hospital, kwim?

But anyway, my vote is for making it just plain illegal to remove pieces from a non-consenting minor, keep signing those petitions!!

Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #917
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #918
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One of the post way back said foreskin is not a birth defect. That is correct. There are rare cases of boys being born without foreskin, that is considered a birth defect. I have lost friends over my informative information. I don't try to make people feel bad about the decisions that they made in the past. I am more focused on helping people make better decisions in the future. It still makes me that anyone should think it is their right to cut off a healthy part of their sons penis for whatever reason.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #919
LeslieT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
In the past 5-6 million years, the human foreskin has actually got more complicated in its design, not less.
Very curious where you're getting this information.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #920
UnschoolingFamily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
Usually the clock starts ticking at age 18, even if the man was not aware if the damage yet. This is a stupid part of tort law and makes it hard for men to sue.

What I think will be interesting is the conflict between CA's new law saying that MGM is good, and the federal law that makes FGM illegal. Nicely sets up a case of equal protection...
Didn't one guy start his lawsuit soon after he turned 18, then he ended up winning $2 million from the hospital that circumcised him? I am on my phone and can't go looking for links right now.
UnschoolingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote