Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
High Chair recomendation?

I don't plan on feeding my son solids till he really seems to want it. And I am going to wait till at least 6 months. However we don't have a high chair and it seems that I will eventually need one.

It doesn't even have to be a "high chair" per say. We have a 4 legged table that I can put a hook on chair on if that is better. We have a kitchen that is not open to the living areas and was considered eat in but mommy has too much stuff and so it isn't eat in anymore. So space is somewhat of a consideration. However it isn't that much of one. I could care less what it looks like but I perfer if it were gender neutral as I don't want to get another high chair later on for future children. I am also not opposed to the hook on a chair high chairs.

I am just wondering what people have been happy with the most. I don't want to end up with 3 chairs (a high chair, hook on table chair, and hook on chair chair).

Thank you for your help!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: High Chair recomendation?

I have a fisher price Healthy Care booster seat. Here
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=27475&st=2002

DD1 did have a high chair but it broke at 9mos(and took up so much space of course) so I then got her this. She loved as much as I did. DD2 didnt start eating solids until 7.5mos and she went straight into this with no problems. I also love the fact that it's so easy to take places
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

I have all 3....I have a booster chair with the belt and tray in the kitchen, we just push it up to the table without the tray, and have been using that since he was around 6 months and really like it, takes up no room at all. I have a high chair in the livingroom for snacks or when we end up eating in the livingroom because we do something easy for dinner or lunch, I like it because there is no table at all in here, but it is a PITA to clean. I have the hook on high chair that hooks on to the table for when we are out at places without high chairs or when we travel home to visit family, works well, but does take up some space, sticks out.

In all, I would suggest the kind that hooks on to the chair, you can get an all plastic booster type for like 20 bucks, prob. less on ebay or craigslist or something, and you can just throw it in the dishwasher to clean it.

eta: jusst like the one the pp linked too but its cheaper and less pretty, does the job though.

Last edited by tarah1218; 12-16-2008 at 06:02 AM.
tarah1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

We used the fisherprice space saver for our DD.....it just straps onto a chair. We liked it.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

We too used the space saver, it is fabulous for us. It's small enough that we can pack it into our convertible with a car seat and 2 adults for dinners with family. It converts to a booster when the child is older, and I just think its great.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Beebug123
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
I have a fisher price Healthy Care booster seat. Here
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=27475&st=2002
We have 2 of these. My 4yo still just uses the basic booster part and my 1yo uses the back and buckles. We take the 1yo's with us if we go to dinner at the in-laws so she can have a tray. We also camp a lot and we take it with us then.

Last edited by Beebug123; 12-16-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another vote for fisher price healthy care booster! It's cheap (around $40), dishwasher safe, and portable. That's the only high chair we ever used for dd.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have been very happy with the Graco highchair that Grandma and Grandpa showed up with when they visited us when Nick was 4 months old. They thought he was ready for solids. I think I started too soon - about three weeks later, due to some other signs he gave me, but he puked up everything so much that I wish I'd waited til 6 mos. I kept nursing til he was 14 mos. old though.

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the fisher price chair, and a regular Graco high chair. They each have their perks. I like the FP chair because the tray fits in the dish washer. But the tray is really small, and DD is really messy, so sometimes the bigger highchair is better.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 AM   #10
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for all of your help. We are planning on getting Max an Old English Sheepdog when he is about 1 year of age. So that should help with the messy parts of eating.