Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Question False alarms with angelcare monitor?

DS is almost 3 months old and I'm just now using the pad! I turned it on last night and in the middle of the night the alarm went off. I went in his room and he was sleeping still, perfectly fine. I think it went off because he had moved to the top of his crib but I'm not sure. I'd like to use it for peace of mind but I also need sleep and can't be getting up for false alarms all the time. Any tips??

Advertisement

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: False alarms with angelcare monitor?

Happened lots with us, too. Actually - it gave me more peace of mind because I KNEW it was working, you know?

Whenever she was close to the edge of the bed, it would go off - or when she was sleeping soooo deeply that she was breathing very shallowly.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
Honeymommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, that's one thing you have to weigh. I had one that I LOVED with all 3 of my children, but used it the most with my first, of course. The first time it went off I went running and slipped on my wood floor, banged my knee up on the dresser, made it to her room...to find her sleeping soundly. As they get older and more mobile, it will start to go off more. I don't think it started that early for us, but if they get too far from the sensor underneath it will go off. I did love it though.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happens occasionally, especially when they are at the ends of the crib. When mine was tiny like yours he would mostly stay at one end of the crib so instead of putting the pad in the middle I would put it closer to the end he mostly slept at. It did help.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son was a roller so it happened to us probably once every couple weeks.

The new one we have (because we used the old one/which was used/ until it stopped working) has two pads for the big crib. This seems to help. I think it might be a different brand (Babysense). I bought it specifically for the two sensor pads and the issue we had with my son and it false alarming.

That being said I love both of these monitors. I used the first one until my DD was born when my DS was 18 months. It just helps me feel better when they aren't in the same room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
Happens occasionally, especially when they are at the ends of the crib. When mine was tiny like yours he would mostly stay at one end of the crib so instead of putting the pad in the middle I would put it closer to the end he mostly slept at. It did help.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
MommaBunny
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
seller

My Mood:

My little brother (now 4, my mother spaced us out) had one, and it was ALWAYS going off for no reason.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
kkrpata
Registered Users

Yeah ours did the same thing. Went off every night for about a week and I stopped using it..
Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
JamieGW
Registered Users
seller

Ours went off a few times with false alarms... but it also caught my son with a blanket in his mouth when my DH swaddled him (he still feels terrible), so I say they're worth every penny. And so are Halo sleepsacks!