Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
BeachMommyOfTwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Seriously....

My 5 month old doesnt sleep. Nope. Doesnt sleep. At all. Never. Ever.

Im so at the end of my rope...and God forbid, I put him down for like...long enough for me to pee, its the end of his little world. And of course I would never hurt him, Im not that irrational. I just have a lot of pent up anger, frustration, etc.... And my stupid fing husband is no help at all. Hes about as useless as ...well, I dont know. Hes just useless...a waste of space.

And of course Im typing this with one hand b/c DS is awake, wanting to be held...

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
mommyshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Seriously....

Mine both went through phases like that. It'll pass. I had a lot of help from my DH though. I'm sorry that yours isn't more help!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Violet1983
Registered Users

I think you need to to your DH. You need to talk to him and you guys need to take turns rotating. Luckily DD wasn't ever like that, so I have no advice but DH needs to be more active.
so sorry momma

Mommy to Aleena Noelle 11/07 and expecting another little girl in Dec!
Violet1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh Kellie. i'm sorry hun. Kellen is the same way about me holding him. he's constantly in my arms or on my chest. have you tried a baby carrier? it seems to have helped a lot with Kellen. he gets to be attached to me but i get to be able to use my hands. i almost cried the first time Kellen fell asleep in the wrap and i could go get a glass of water without worrying about bothering him.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
BeachMommyOfTwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaymay View Post
oh Kellie. i'm sorry hun. Kellen is the same way about me holding him. he's constantly in my arms or on my chest. have you tried a baby carrier? it seems to have helped a lot with Kellen. he gets to be attached to me but i get to be able to use my hands. i almost cried the first time Kellen fell asleep in the wrap and i could go get a glass of water without worrying about bothering him.
Yeah, I have a moby. It helped for a while when we first started using it. He would actually sleep in it. Now, nothing works. I've tried everything short of a tranquilizer () to try to get him to sleep.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
BeachMommyOfTwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet1983 View Post
I think you need to to your DH. You need to talk to him and you guys need to take turns rotating. Luckily DD wasn't ever like that, so I have no advice but DH needs to be more active.
so sorry momma
You're so right. And in a perfect world that would work. Unfortunately, DH is the most selfish person I know. Hes not really too worried about me... *sigh*
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMommyOfTwo View Post
You're so right. And in a perfect world that would work. Unfortunately, DH is the most selfish person I know. Hes not really too worried about me... *sigh*
Would he worry more if, say, you said, "I'm getting a pedicure" and walked out the door and let him take care of ds for a little while all by himself (but not long enough to do any damage ) and got a little break yourself? Dd2 is like that but I FINALLY found something she likes to be worn in (AngelPack) and dh helps.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And it helped when I pushed back dd's nap schedule as she wasn't tired enough to transition to a second sleep cycle and would nap for 30-40 minutes, so I pushed nap back almost an hour and now she sleep for 1.5-2 hours.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMommyOfTwo View Post
Yeah, I have a moby. It helped for a while when we first started using it. He would actually sleep in it. Now, nothing works. I've tried everything short of a tranquilizer () to try to get him to sleep.
do you know why it stopped working? was he not comfy anymore or did he just figure out your tricks? Evan was like that. had to switch up the routine once a week.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #10
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Is he uncomfortable laying down? Could he have a digestive issue perhaps? Silent reflux, maybe? None of my kids had it, so I am not sure all the symptoms, but wanted to throw it out there at least.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote