Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #11
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: High Chair recomendation?

We have a space saver, the one with the cushion and different positions. Great for all ages and turns into a booster, it's great!!

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
avidreader
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We also have a strap onto the chair- seat that will turn into a booster as he gets older- we love it. I really think highchairs are a total waste of money and space- I love the look of them but I just don't think they make sense in the long run. You will want to transition them anyway to a booster to teach them to sit at the table so why not just start off with that in the first place and save loads of money and space in your home ? Our portable highchair/booster was less than $30 and we take it everywhere- in-laws, camping, restaurants etc. The tray is dishwasher safe or you can just do without it and scoot them up to the table. We love it!
We have this one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3012847
but we also really like this one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2861764

Last edited by avidreader; 12-17-2008 at 03:07 PM.
avidreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow's_lilmama View Post
We have a space saver, the one with the cushion and different positions. Great for all ages and turns into a booster, it's great!!
We have this too. DD is now 22 months and we leave the tray off most of the time and pull her up to the table. She loves it
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For those of you that have the "space saver" chair does it fold?

I am thinking that the healthcare chair (or whatever it is called) would be great because it fold so small I might be able to put it into a suitcase to take with us on our trip in the summer (cross country train trip - we will be gone 3-4 weeks). That would be an added bonus in my book!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #15
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE our IKEA highchair. It was cheap and it SO easy to clean. If you take off the tray, it slides under our dining room table like a booster.
My 26 month old uses it there, we might have to get another one for DS1 when he starts foods (in a few months).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50146793
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #16
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
For those of you that have the "space saver" chair does it fold?

I am thinking that the healthcare chair (or whatever it is called) would be great because it fold so small I might be able to put it into a suitcase to take with us on our trip in the summer (cross country train trip - we will be gone 3-4 weeks). That would be an added bonus in my book!

I have nothing but love for my Space Saver chair, but no - it does not fold. It is pretty easy to transport because it just unbuckles and it is lightweight, but it is too bulky (IMO) to take on a trip. My MIL has one that folds up like that and it is great for her to store out of the way but then I don't have to bring one when we go over there
Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have two. A Graco chair that we have attached to our bar, and a chair (all wood) that is by Herlag here in Germany. I LOVE it! Jonathan isn't exactly enthralled with it, but he will sit sometimes for 20 minutes before getting really fussy. )

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #18
Ami in Deutschland
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love my Stokke Tripp Trapp chair. It doesn't have a tray (you can get one, though), so you push it right up to the table. The footrest and seat are adjustable height and can hold an adult's weight, so you can use it a long time. DS can climb up on it himself now and it tucks under the table nicely. It's practically untippable. It's easy to take apart and when disassembled, flat. We took it with us on vacation.

Only downside: cost. They are really expensive in the US, but if you find one used, I totally recommend it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

We love our Space Saver and it's great for taking when we want to go to family suppers at relatives
Old 12-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
CourtCourt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
I have a fisher price Healthy Care booster seat. Here
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=27475&st=2002

DD1 did have a high chair but it broke at 9mos(and took up so much space of course) so I then got her this. She loved as much as I did. DD2 didnt start eating solids until 7.5mos and she went straight into this with no problems. I also love the fact that it's so easy to take places
We have the same thing. It's lasted through three children now, and I still love it.

The height adjusts to different table heights, it folds up so it's easy to take places, the tray goes into the dishwasher, and I don't have a huge highchair taking up precious floor space. LOVE it.
Stocking at on 12/29!
CourtCourt is offline   Reply With Quote