Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question Bamboozle Question....HELP!

I am new to diaperswappers. I found it because I was looking for information on this diaper. Our daughter is 1 year old and we have been using "sposies" (new lingo for me ) and donated prefolds/bummis wraps from a friend. Our daughter has been ECing since birth and so we catch a lot of the pees and poos that way. I also found the prefolds were not good at catching our heavy wetter's overnight pees as she sleeps 12 hours and co-sleep/nurses ALL night.

Recently, my MIL bought us Bamboozles while she was on a trip to the UK. She thought they would be good because I had asked for an easier on/off cloth diaper between trips to the potty and feel guilty about using "sposies". She didn't realize that Bamboozles needed a cover and so I bought a few Mio covers and new bummis covers to go over them. I also bought an aristocrat wool cover and can't even get it over the Bamboozle . She bought me 24 Bamboozles and I used 4 of them "experimenting". Unfortunately, I find them WAY too bulky with a wrap!! My DD also has big thighs and she can barely cruise the furniture with them on. ECing has also been very difficult with this diaper. She is also has a high-rise and they don't fit her "right" through the waist.

Does anyone else use these diapers with a tall, cruising, ECing, heavy-wetting, chunky-thighed baby? Am I being too picky.

I had initially wanted a Sposoeasy-type AIO or BG 3.0 but I do love the Bamboozle's feel and silkiness. The 4 that I have used over the last month are good to wash in our front-loader and dry quickly on the "airdry" setting. They don't seem to stain that much but I kinda wish the insert came out, because that is all that seems to get wet if we "miss" and I find it annoying to change the whole diaper for a little-tiny pee. After reading many post by Moms, I can see that a lot of you seem to use trial and error to find a good fit cloth diaper for your family. I have read practically ALL the posts/threads on Bamboozles and heavy-wetters and it seems like these may not the right diapers for us.

Should I sell these 18 new, 4 used or does anyone have suggestions on how to make this situation work?

Are AIOs that much better/trimmer/easier?

Anyways, thanks Mamas, from a confused trying to be sposie-free Mother in Toronto!!

fourstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Bamboozle Question....HELP!

I would try some bummis pull on pants to go on over them.
rrmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had 4 bamboozles i thought they were bulky too. I wanted to like them however i just didn't. I do love the bumgenius bamboo fitteds and 3.0's after i tried these i really started to love CD'ing. Also i had a really hard time selling them on DS, i would try to E-bay the ones that are not worn and sell the used ones on here. I sold two for $28 ppd to one mama and 2 for $25 ppd to another (both were steal deals since i paid $18.50 each). i hope you have good luck selling.
LES1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I saw that you EC. I do also and did not like the bamboozle because it was not as easy on/off as some other diapers. It was bulky, but I like the softness so I didn't mind the bulky. Since we EC I skipped the cover and just added a bamboo doubler inside and didn't have any leaking problems. I ended up trading/selling mine here because it just wasn't an EC friendly diaper.
Daughter of the King, wife, and mom of 4 one princess dd, one sweet 08 , one preschool at homeschool boy 05, one angel 04, ,
We EC and CD!
I'm a bunny mom to two furry vegetarians
lam328 is offline   Reply With Quote