Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?

I think I finally figured out Kady's allergies/intolerances....

She can not have ANY dairy, soy, tomatoes, chicken, beef, turkey, eggs, or peanuts...havent tried ham or fish but I dont like those things in the first place...

I am eating rice krispies, rice dream (the milk stuff), rice pasta, boiled potatoes, boiled pasta, plain potato chips, corn chips, corn, plain bagels, strawberry jelly, crackers

I need meal ideas....please?!? preferably something I can make and feed everyone since the kids are wondering why I dont eat w/ them anymore....

Advertisement

AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
zenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?

wow mama! let me think on it! until recently we were off gluten, casien,whey, dairy, eggs, soy, rice, tomatoes, shellfish, and peanuts! We basically did plain meat, lots of steamed veggies and lots of fresh fruit..... not an easy feat! (dd was of these foods from 12-24 months of age. now she is just off gluten, peanuts and shellfish...however she is broke out in hives and we dont know why so we may be back to the elimination diet again!
Denise, wife to Mike since 6-15-2002, PTWOHM and College Student Mommy to Samuel Wyatt (8-24-04) (who has a blue belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu) and cding, co-sleeping Andrea Rachelle (10-11-06) (Our Celiac Disease, Seizure having beauty queen).
Maybe you're offended b/c you know it's the truth!
zenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmama View Post
wow mama! let me think on it! until recently we were off gluten, casien,whey, dairy, eggs, soy, rice, tomatoes, shellfish, and peanuts! We basically did plain meat, lots of steamed veggies and lots of fresh fruit..... not an easy feat! (dd was of these foods from 12-24 months of age. now she is just off gluten, peanuts and shellfish...however she is broke out in hives and we dont know why so we may be back to the elimination diet again!

gluten and wheat seem to be ok....any meat is not. I just tried some refried beans tonight so we shall see what tomorrow brings from that....fruit gives her bad diarrhea....steamed/fresh veggies are ok though.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, wow :hug thats a LOT of meal anythings right there! have you tried hemp milk, etc? and quinoa? or almond or another kind of butter, or even sunflower or hemp butter? if she can tolerate bread, then maybe you could have another type of butter and jelly for at least some flavor and that could be shared of none of the others are allergic and get you away from just plain everything every way. maybe oatmeal- my dad likes it with a tad of preserves in it for flavor. i know hemp has omega acids in it that yall need....still thinking!

Last edited by *~Mindy~*; 12-27-2008 at 11:57 PM.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #5
meghann8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The main thing sticking out to me, is you need more protein. Have you tried lentils?
meghann8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i read where a person did no meat no dairy. they linked to this, i see a few you cant eat for sure but a few that are maybes without checking each one. maybe it will help?
http://www.epicurious.com/tools/brow...browse&att=161
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* View Post
oh, wow :hug thats a LOT of meal anythings right there! have you tried hemp milk, etc? and quinoa? or almond or another kind of butter, or even sunflower or hemp butter? if she can tolerate bread, then maybe you could have another type of butter and jelly for at least some flavor and that could be shared of none of the others are allergic and get you away from just plain everything every way. maybe oatmeal- my dad likes it with a tad of preserves in it for flavor. i know hemp has omega acids in it that yall need....still thinking!

I am afraid of the hemp or almond stuff because of nuts...oatmeal is a good idea...I will try that today
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghann8 View Post
The main thing sticking out to me, is you need more protein. Have you tried lentils?

I was hoping refried beans would be protein....I can eat them on corn chips!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* View Post
i read where a person did no meat no dairy. they linked to this, i see a few you cant eat for sure but a few that are maybes without checking each one. maybe it will help?
http://www.epicurious.com/tools/brow...browse&att=161
thanks!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Amanda, I wish I had some suggestions for you, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you, (((big hugs)))
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote