Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

arrr I need to to vent

DS has been day trained since october. (except poop) I know this is a work in progress. He was doing so good. He'd go by himself and wash his hands when he was done and everything. I'd usually hear him go so I'd head to the bathroom to help if needed. Though there were a couple times I didn't make it there in time, he'd gone and was finished all by himself.

Fast forward to a week or so ago. DS refuses to take himself. He prefers to just pee his pants than make the effort to go. I have to take him or he'll just pee in his pants. Plus we've made no progress in the poop department. I'm managed to catch maybe 10 poops and got DS to the toilet in time.

Is this just a phase? I know he knows, he's just lazy since he knows I'll give him dry underwear and pants. I make him put his clothes in his hamper, I make him wipe up the floor if necessary. I've even resorted (today) to taking things away when he wets himself and if he goes without me he earns his toy back. Today he earned his toy back and then an hour later lost it again. Should I even be doing that? I'm not angry with him, I'm just right to the point and say what's up.

Do I just grin and bear it? or is there something htat I can actually do to help him?

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: arrr I need to to vent

Ok, I've decided that I'm not taking things away from him. I don't think that will give the right impression. But I am considering putting him back in diapers.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Picklesmom1
FSOT issues with this member. Contact administrator before any transaction~
seller

My Mood:

I totally feel your pain. My son was totally potty trained (poo included) then last November (as in 2007) he found out that I was pregnant. He totally stopped the day he found out. He still uses the potty at my dad's house with only the occasional accident so I know he can do it, but he dosen't want to use the potty at home. I actually think he just dosen't want to use the potty with me. He goes in his pants and then tells me he did it but that he dosen't want to be changed...I've tried prizes for using the potty, potty charts, everything.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

well i got to thinking, i've been pretty busy trying to do christmas projects so maybe he isn't getting the attention that he needs.
Join me on Swagbucks