Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD sliding back with EC

I have been ECing with my DD since she was 4 months. She is now almost 1 yr and was doing FANTASTIC...most of my friends were very jealous that my dd was pooping on the potty and telling me that she had to poop since she was about 5 months old. But 1 night last week I had to put her with the sitter for DH's christmas party. And of course she had to where a sposie cause the sitter had no clue about cloth.
Well, at the sitter's, DD had to poop and the sitter didn't take her to the potty so she had to go in her diaper. Ever since then, DD won't tell me anymore that she has to go, and she's been going in her daiper....which i'm not upset about cause well is only a year old and I should be thankful I haven't cleaned a poopy diaper in 6 months but still, i would like her to get back in the potty...any ideas?? She isn't even cueing anymore that she has to go.

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD sliding back with EC

hmmm - maybe next time she goes in her diaper tell her about it. As you are changing maybe say something like "You went in your diaper, is that because you don't think mommy will take you when you have to go?" If you think it will help maybe even apologize for the sitter missing her need to poop. Two weeks ago I missed a poop with my 4 month old DD because we were caught in a storm and I couldn't pull over, and she all of the sudden STOPPED pooping on her potty. Every time she poops in her diaper I talk to her and let her know that if she trys to tell me she needs to poop I will do my very best to get her to the potty. She hasn't been very responsive with the pooping, but has become REALLY good at cueing when she needs to pee. Although she is also teething and eating more cereal which has made pooping a bit irregular, she did cue for a poop today, but it was a NEW cue and I didn't realize so I ALMOST missed it (like she was getting ready to poop in her diaper until she realized I was going to take her to the potty - then the poor little thing held it until I got her there!) I've caught all poops (mostly by timing) so far this week but last week I cleaned more poopy diapers then I had since we started ECing at two weeks.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
lam328
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to worry, on the rare occasions I have left my babies with sitters, that they would need to do #2 and the sitter wouldn't get it!

If I were you, I would do as the pp said, lots of talking about your intentions to take dd to potty, showing the potty, maybe watching someone else in the family potty. Babies do understand a lot more than we think!
lam328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas...I had a little sit down chit chat with her like you suggested and bang...she gave me her cue to poop and away we went to the potty. That was 2 days ago and we've been potty dancing again since....I guess they just need a reminder sometimes huh!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAYE! That's fantastic news!