Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

need elimination diet help

Hi! I've been doing the Dr. Sears elimination diet for just over a month now and have seen my baby (just turned 5 mo) go from a grunting crying pooping machine to a happy baby, who only poops every other day now.

My problem is reintroducing foods. How do I do it??? Is there a method anyone else has followed? I tried adding stuff back in but got real frustrated and actually considered formula. (i doubt i ever would have...but times of desperation...)

My diet now consists of any/every variety of turkey, rice, potatoes, peaches,pears,applesauce,cranberries. I tried Gluten free blueberry muffins from Whole Foods over the weekend and he seemed ok. I've also been eating Red Mills GF pancake mix. I've basically been, gluten/wheat-free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, tomato free, chocolate free. He does seem to be ok with corn.

Also, how do I know whether he's reacting because i'm allergic to these foods? I've noticed that I've been doing better with this diet as well. The shange in my son has been amazing so I know it's related to his problems.

I need help and encouragement from the other side of all this.. Please!!!!

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need elimination diet help

I don't have any real insight into this but I have heard that you should introduce one food at a time, and over the couse of a week or longer for each *new* food.

My son had a problem with peanut/peanut butter in the beginning along with dairy. I just lessened the dairy and cut out the peanuts, and he was a new guy!

GL!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote