Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
labrae
Registered Users

My Mood:
fleece pants into ec pants?

I have a pair of baggy, thick fleece pants for dd. If I took out the seams in the back, do you think I could use them as ec pants? I don't really sew.

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
dumaine
Registered Users

Re: fleece pants into ec pants?

Yes, I have done that before. Fleece doesn't unravel, so it should stay just fine. You can even simply cut it and it should stay fine-though taking out the seams would probably look nicer. Now, the thread in the seam might unravel to the top of the front and back of the crotch, but that should be fine unless you want less of an opening. You could always use some kind of fabric glue to keep the thread from unraveling further in that case, like Fray Check or something.

ecaPants are patent pending
dumaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
labrae
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: fleece pants into ec pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaine View Post
Yes, I have done that before. Fleece doesn't unravel, so it should stay just fine. You can even simply cut it and it should stay fine-though taking out the seams would probably look nicer. Now, the thread in the seam might unravel to the top of the front and back of the crotch, but that should be fine unless you want less of an opening. You could always use some kind of fabric glue to keep the thread from unraveling further in that case, like Fray Check or something.
Thanks!!