View Poll Results: When BFing in public do you cover up?
Always 73 18.96%
Never 126 32.73%
Depends on location or people around me 179 46.49%
N/A because I avoid Nursing in Public 7 1.82%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #111
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you cover up when NIP?

I try to be discreet. Sometimes that means covering up, sometimes it doesn't.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #112
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

I used to try but she hates ut and now that she is bigger she just rips it off.
daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #113
growbabygrow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only sometimes when DD gets in the mood to latch and pull off latch and pull off latch and pull off. If I cover her so she cant look around and see whats going on then she stays interested in eating. But most of the time I dont cover.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #114
moira
Registered Users
seller

I also chose depends. I do cover up in public mostly because DD is easily distracted. I also cover up in front of my inlaws too as they are not overly comfortable with nursing in the first place. I am not out to make other people uncomfortable so I don't mind covering up if the need arises. Although I have to agree that most of the time it's not my boob I don't want people to see I always have a nursing tank or cami on so that my muffin top is covered.
moira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #115
Murphett
Registered Users

My Mood:

It all depends on the situation for me. My DD is now almost 11 months and hates to be covered up when BF, so if I am in a public situation I do take into consideration the people and circumstances around me. I understand that some people are uncomfortable with BF and just because it is my right to do it does not mean that they have to like it. For example, I have no problem BF uncovered at the mall, however, I still am discrete about it (I don't want everyone seeing my boob just about as much as I am sure other people don't want to see my boob). If I am at a get together though or somewhere where I know some people may feel a little uncomfortable I will just find a private place to BF. I would have a problem if someone asked me to leave a public place because of it though.
Murphett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #116
KierdansMOm
Registered Users

Personally, never cover never cared to and not overly discreet. Eating isn't a bad habit to try to hide or do discreetly in our family.
KierdansMOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #117
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely plan to. I think breastfeeding is BEAUTIFUL, and I can't wait to get to share that experience with baby! I am not shy about my body...conservative, but not uncomfortable with myself at all. I do NOT care what other people say, but I am not one of those people that wants to stick it in the faces of others when I think I'm right, and they're wrong. And that's how this issue feels to me. I feel like a lot of mamas say, "I don't have to cover up, and they can't make me." No, you don't have to. No, they can't make you. But I just feel like it's more respectable. I know a lot of mamas will not agree with this, and that's okay. I'm just glad you're bfing!! That's good enough for me. But I will being getting baby used to a cover or not NIPing. I will be a WOHM, so I will have to pump anyway, so if we absolutely to go somewhere and for some reason I can't cover, we can take expressed milk.

Keep on bfing those healthy babies mamas!!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #118
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphett View Post
It all depends on the situation for me. My DD is now almost 11 months and hates to be covered up when BF, so if I am in a public situation I do take into consideration the people and circumstances around me. I understand that some people are uncomfortable with BF and just because it is my right to do it does not mean that they have to like it. For example, I have no problem BF uncovered at the mall, however, I still am discrete about it (I don't want everyone seeing my boob just about as much as I am sure other people don't want to see my boob). If I am at a get together though or somewhere where I know some people may feel a little uncomfortable I will just find a private place to BF. I would have a problem if someone asked me to leave a public place because of it though.
Yeah, mama!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #119
MomE2MathU
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphett View Post
Exactly my thoughts about it!
MomE2MathU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #120
infantrywife_101
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope, never. I wear 2 shirts so no tummy shows. J is always in the sling when we are out so I put it under his neck to help support his melon of a head Someone always trys to steal a peek at the "sleeping baby" lol, and 90% of the time they still don't realize he's nursing.

Earn FREE paypal, gift cards, and MUCH more with Swagbucks
infantrywife_101 is offline   Reply With Quote