View Poll Results: When BFing in public do you cover up?
Always 73 18.96%
Never 126 32.73%
Depends on location or people around me 179 46.49%
N/A because I avoid Nursing in Public 7 1.82%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #31
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you cover up when NIP?

Nope. I have flashed WAY more skin trying to juggle an infant, nursing pad, shirt and blanket all while trying to keep ds from pulling off the cover.
Now I just descreetly pull up my shirt and hold it w/ my hand (hand also blocks latch) so I can pull it down if ds pops off. MUCH more simple.

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #32
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbell View Post
I have big breasts and dd is 15 months and pops off all the time at random intervals but I will nurse wherever we are without a cover if she wants to nurse. I always wear a nursing tank or a nursing top since I don't want my "muffin top" showing but if someone catches a flash of boob, no biggie to me.
That's how I am.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #33
Mom24Babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only cover up while I'm getting Lucas latched on, I guess since my boobs are so large it's awkward for me to be discreet. After he's latched though I uncover him.
I'm a consultant for The All Natural Face! Enter Consultant # 2107
Mom24Babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #34
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i usually have a blankie, but it's more to help dd concentrate/block out bright lights when she's tired/give her something to play with, and cover my belly. less boob skin shows when nursing than shows in my v-neck sweaters, so i figure people can deal with that. the exception is at public events/places near where i teach where my highschoolers may be. then i'll use the blankie a bit more.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #35
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did with dd until I got the hang of it, and will with my new dd until I get the hang of it again, just so everybody doesn't see me trying to point and aim!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #36
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1st ds always covered, avoided nip
2nd ds always covered, nip all the time
now with dd, no cover, nip all the time
Old 12-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #37
GetFionadiapers
Registered Users
seller

my family doesnt like it so i cover at their house but only cause they manage to make me feel uncomfortable enough when I am doing it by yelling at me to cover up (mostly my dad)

out at a store or Post office or mall I just whip it out when he needs to nurse but keep my shirt down lower than I would at home.. but lately my baby has been easily distracted, and I cant get him to nurse in public very often so we go to the car lately.. only cause I need him to eat and there is nothing fun to look at in there. lol
GetFionadiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #38
GetFionadiapers
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbell View Post
I have big breasts and dd is 15 months and pops off all the time at random intervals but I will nurse wherever we are without a cover if she wants to nurse. I always wear a nursing tank or a nursing top since I don't want my "muffin top" showing but if someone catches a flash of boob, no biggie to me.
yea I could care less about one of the size E twins popping a flash to who ever but I am embarrassed about my blubber stomach and love handles when my cami rides up lol.. what also is a pita is that I still have to wear nursing pads as I have OALD and over supply.. they always crumple up inside my cami when I pull it back over my boobie.
GetFionadiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #39
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never cover up because both my kids (when DS was still nursing) just pulled off the cover anyway...not worth the space in my diaper bag to put something thats just gonna be pulled off.

I have nursed in the mall, at the US mint, at the Liberty Bell, on lots of nature trails in the middle of NH, gondolas, tops of mountains, playground etc....

Never so much as the bat of an eyelash.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #40
Bearycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Always!!!!, but only my belly I would hate to frighten somebody. I do cover at church sometimes, but just because it makes my DH uncomfortable (he's fine with it anywhere else though).