Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
LenaVaughn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Someone please fill me in!

What is the difference between ECing PLing and PTing??? I'm so confused! I potty trained DD when she was 14 months by just putting panties on her and sticking with it! I used disposables with her. I have a 5.5 month old ds and I'm using cloth this time. I'd like to start introducing him to the potty soon...is it too early? Or is that what EC means?

Advertisement

LenaVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
JennieM.
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Someone please fill me in!

Actually, in th EC world that's a "late" starter! Many ECer's start at or near birth. We started at 5 months. I held a Baby Bjorn Little Potty on my lap with her on top when I went potty, turned on the water in the sink, said "sssssss", on used the ASL toilet sign. The first time she peed, I was hooked! Good luck
JennieM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
betty14
Registered Users

No it's not too early. We started at 5 months (DS in almost 11 mo. now)
We have the Baby Bjorn Chair Potty, which I highly recommend, as DS could sit with very little help from me, even at 5 months. He has sat on it without support for months now.
What kept me hooked was no poopy diapers (maybe 2 accidents in the past 2 months).
I'd call what we do "early slow road to potty learning". DS has never signalled that he needs to pee (as far as I can tell!), but he has gradually become accustomed to eliminating on the potty, and waits until he is on the potty for all his poops and maybe a third of his pees. We put him on upon waking, 30 minutes after eating, and before naps.
I really don't care about catching all pees at present - that would take too much observation time, and I will not potty him at night ... but I do intend to keep progressing this method of PL until fully trained. I expect that holding it 12 hours overnight will be the last hurdle in PL.
betty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that 5.5 months isn't early - my LO was 3 months when I found out about EC and we officially started he's 4 & 1/2 months now.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote