Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #11
cr2005's Avatar
cr2005
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 371
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

I've had 2 c sections and have itched at the incision site since the first one. I put tons of lotion on it and that seems to help. I also notice that when I wear pantyhose or certain types of panties it makes it worse. I switched to all cotton and I can't wear bikini style underwear (the waistband irritates the scar).

Advertisement

__________________
Wife to Steven 5/30/98
Mommy to Jason 7/24/02 and Carter 9/15/05
cr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #12
HumblePie98's Avatar
HumblePie98
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 382
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama
Maybe so, I do have numb areas around it. There's no telling what's going on down there! I'll check it out with a different Dr.
My baby is 9 months. (had an emergency csection) Mine is still numb, half way up my belly, about to right below my hips. I don't itch though, I burn off to the one side sometimes.
__________________
My Ovulation Chart
HumblePie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #13
SugarBunsWool&More's Avatar
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,957
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2005
I've had 2 c sections and have itched at the incision site since the first one. I put tons of lotion on it and that seems to help. I also notice that when I wear pantyhose or certain types of panties it makes it worse. I switched to all cotton and I can't wear bikini style underwear (the waistband irritates the scar).
Thanks for the input. I'll try lubing it up with some lotion and see if that helps any. I haven't noticed anything irritating more than usual, I wear low-rise bikini underpants and they're still above my incision. I'll pay close attention to that sort of thing.
__________________
S a r a h
www.marykay.com/sarahdoesgreat
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #14
rawkstarwife's Avatar
rawkstarwife
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 115
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

My C-section scar is 20 months old and it still itches, gets numb every now and then, and when DS happens to kick it in bed, BOOOYYY does it hurt!!!

I want so badly to do VBAC next time, I would rather have ten drug-free vaginal births than have another C-section!!!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #15
SugarBunsWool&More's Avatar
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,957
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumblePie98
My baby is 9 months. (had an emergency csection) Mine is still numb, half way up my belly, about to right below my hips. I don't itch though, I burn off to the one side sometimes.
I used to burn, but that stopped! So maybe yours will too, I hope! I have noticed that some of the feeling has come back over time too. Is your incision pretty big since it was an emergency? I've heard that when they're in a hurry they aren't as careful to make a tiny little incision.
Mine's about 5 inches across and hooks on one side. It looks like an umbrella pole. Its down into my pubic hair though so its pretty low.
__________________
S a r a h
www.marykay.com/sarahdoesgreat
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #16
SugarBunsWool&More's Avatar
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,957
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkstarwife
My C-section scar is 20 months old and it still itches, gets numb every now and then, and when DS happens to kick it in bed, BOOOYYY does it hurt!!!

I want so badly to do VBAC next time, I would rather have ten drug-free vaginal births than have another C-section!!!
I've spoken with a MW and I need to gather my medical records to see if I'm eligible for a VBAC next time. I'm not pg yet so maybe getting pg will be the kick in my pants to get that stuff together. I'm lazy.
It does hurt to get kicked in the incision, doesn't it! Yowsers!
__________________
S a r a h
www.marykay.com/sarahdoesgreat
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #17
MyLil'Mountaineers's Avatar
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 3,539
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

I have had two c-sections and with the last one, the itching has been worse. You have to remember that when you have surgey the nerves become damaged and cut. When the nerves begin to heal themselves, an itching feeling can occur. I just tried to keep mine as clean and moisturized as possible.

I torn my knee open in a bike accident when I was nine (20 years ago...UGH!!!). I had such severe nerve damage that I couldn't feel anything from the middle of my thigh down to the middle of my shin. Well, a few years ago I started getting some feeling back in my thigh and it itched like crazy. I thought I was going to go insane from the itching.

I would keep pushing to get it checked out. You said it's been 10 months (?), that seems like a long time to have to be dealing with this. I had my son 8 months ago and the itching has gone away for the most part. It might be something as little as the nerves healing themselves but it could be something more.

Good Luck!!!!
__________________
~Amanda~ Proud Wife to my Army Veteran and Mama to: Kevin , ~Jordan~, Ryan David, Gwendolyn , and Kathleen
Need Crocheted diaper covers? View my examples here.

Last edited by MyLil'Mountaineers; 05-16-2006 at 10:22 AM.
MyLil'Mountaineers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #18
rds989's Avatar
rds989
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 359
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

First of all, your doctor sounds like a jerk to be dismissing you like that! Secondly, my favorite doc ever told me once that itching "is on the pain continuum." Just because it has a different sensation than something that hurts doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously.

That being said, I know that scars can change over many years until they're "settled." I had several surgeries over my tailbone (long story) several years ago. Now there's a z-shaped scar there (the last surgery was called a z-plasty), and for a few years it often itched like crazy. Thing was, it was also numb to the touch! So I couldn't scratch it. Oy, that was frustrating. And when people get limbs amputated, there's something called a phantom limb, when the brain sorta still thinks that the body part is still there. It helps when people are using prostheses and stuff like that, but the phantoms can also hurt and itch, and, obviously, there's nothing to be done about it.

So nerves are weird, and probably your scar will settle down over time and it will feel better. Still, you're in a lot of discomfort, and I think you should see a doctor (maybe a pain specialist?) who will not dismiss that!
__________________
Kate
SAHM to Teddy (8.19.02), Susannah (3.11.05), Benjamin (born still 2.1.08) and Clare (5.8.09)

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #19
SugarBunsWool&More's Avatar
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,957
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Thanks Kate,
That was really helpful. I hope to get in to see another Dr. soon about this darn incision.
__________________
S a r a h
www.marykay.com/sarahdoesgreat
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #20
SugarBunsWool&More's Avatar
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,957
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons
I have had two c-sections and with the last one, the itching has been worse. You have to remember that when you have surgey the nerves become damaged and cut. When the nerves begin to heal themselves, an itching feeling can occur. I just tried to keep mine as clean and moisturized as possible.

I torn my knee open in a bike accident when I was nine (20 years ago...UGH!!!). I had such severe nerve damage that I couldn't feel anything from the middle of my thigh down to the middle of my shin. Well, a few years ago I started getting some feeling back in my thigh and it itched like crazy. I thought I was going to go insane from the itching.

I would keep pushing to get it checked out. You said it's been 10 months (?), that seems like a long time to have to be dealing with this. I had my son 8 months ago and the itching has gone away for the most part. It might be something as little as the nerves healing themselves but it could be something more.

Good Luck!!!!
Amanda,
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try what you mentioned, keeping it moisturized and see if that helps. Then I'm going to go see another Dr. and hope that one takes me seriously.
__________________
S a r a h
www.marykay.com/sarahdoesgreat
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.