Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #21
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: C-section moms, please help me. :)

I had a csection with my daughter and the itching was crazy for a while after the surgery becuase of the nerves reconnecting. i used to put lanisoh for the breasts on it and the itching finally stopped. keep it moisturized, i would go to another dr too, the one you have seems like a jerk to me too

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm getting ready to have my 3rd planned C-section and have never experienced what you are talking about. Any place that's healing will itch for a bit and any time nerves are cut there will be a little numbness from time to time (like my big toe was operated on and if I run my finger back and forth down my toe it feels funny still but doesn't ever bother me), but I can't believe how many of you have had issues like these! I have been told by nurses that I have an excellent doctor who does the best incisions and really knows what he's doing. Maybe that's the difference. I want to have all my kids before this guy retires because he is GREAT and I recover SO quickly from my C-sections.

I really don't think it's "normal" to be in major discomfort every day. I'd definitely check out another dr. My friend just had a laparoscopy on Monday to get rid of what they thought was endo (she was in a ton of pain) but really she just had so much scar tissue from her emergency c-section 3 years ago that there were adhesions sticking all of her internal organs together! They haven't been able to conceive in over a year and the dr said it was a good thing or when her uterus started to expand, she could have had major internal bleeding since everything was all stuck together! The dr who did her c/s had only been practicing for 6 months before her surgery. It's so hard to put your body in the hands of a stranger. Research drs and ask around for one like mine!!!

And coming from someone who can't possibly do a vaginal birth, a good dr will make a c-section quite pleasant too! My friend's OB pushed her legs back so hard when she was delivering her first that he bruised her pelvic bone and she couldn't walk for almost a week!!! I was up and walking before her with my c/s! So if you can't do a VBAC, it's not the end of the world. You may be pleasantly surprised what a good C-section recovery is like! Best of luck with everything!!!
Mama to Jillian 9/02, Miranda 5/05, Natalie 11/06 and Lucas 12/09!
bbjbryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #23
Formerly: RileysMama
My Mood:

TY ladies!!
S a r a h
I sell MK and I'm a SAHM of 3!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #24
Registered Users

I've had 2 c-sections and a VBA2C. My scar still itches sometimes even though my last c-section was almost 4 years ago. I would, however, get a second opinion if i were you on your itching since it makes you so uncomfortable. Another thing is to try to keep the area dry. Some people get yeast where their scar is because their skin falls over it and the area stays moist from sweat, etc.

As far as VBAC is concerned, go for it. I couldn't believe how much better I felt after having my third child! The place I found the best support regarding anything c-section and VBAC related is the ICAN(International Cesarean Awareness- list. Those ladies are a fountain of support and information.

Hang in there & I hope you feel better soon!!!

Mom to Zoe 2000, Ian 2002 & Beatrice 2005 (My Vba2c baby!!!!)
1cewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didnt have a c section, but i had a cyst removed and i am cut belly button to pubic bone. ( i was preggy when ih ad surgery) Anyway, HTat was in 2001, and is STILL itches likecrazy alot, and it is numb. Ithink it is something that will never go away for me...
I am sorry you are havingsuch issues. My perinatologist hd my rub somehting onit, but i cant rembmer what... Sorry
Melissa, At home, homeschooling, proud LDS Mom to 3 miracles on Earth, 5 angels in heaven, Nothing butt cloth is now closed. Thank you for 5 years of support.
nothing_butt_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #26
Registered Users

My first baby was born c-section due to placenta previa also. He is 6 yo now and my scar still sometimes bothers me. I do remember it itching for ALONG time.

My second baby was born at home in the tub! The recovery was so much better. I know you are not there yet, but I would strongly encourage you to look into a VBAC for your next baby. I had an ultrasound because I wanted to know where my placenta was and I was under the care of both an ob and a midwife because I was so nervous.

rliszkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:26 AM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't have experience with a scar from csection, but I do have a large keloid scar. FINALLY, 6+ yrs after incident, it's not quite as painful/itchy. I've seen a dermatologist for it and all he could tell me was that it'll go away (the pain/itching) eventually. He said that the only way to 'cure/fix' it, is to cut the old scar out and make a new one..but that I didn't have enough skin there to do that (my calf).

Anyway, I hope you got the answers you're looking for!
Jenelle SAHM to Kain (01/27/04) Drake (08/22/05)
~*55 lbs lost, 25 to go!*~
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:

Mine is still way numb, 15months later. Still itches sometimes and it sure does HURT when DS kicks it like PP said. Also if my DH grabs my waist the wrong way it kinda pulls the skin and hurts!
You were saying it keloided? If that's the case your doc should give you a cortisone SHOT not just topical cream and that will usually shrink it away.
I hope you can resolve your problem.
Jekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:

sorry for the caps i didnt notice, ive got to click...
Mindy, mommy to a very adorablelittle guy! , my UC'd baby boy!& my brand new UC'd baby GIRL
I love my babies!
Need money?
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:

Hey mama! I feel your pain!

I just had my third (and final) c-section 10 months ago. I do not have keliod scarring there *however* please read on..

I had laproscopic gallbladder removal and they used "dissolving sutures". I have horrible, large, thick, hard keloid scars where those stitches were used. They never dissolved and I had to cut and remove them myself as the itching drove me INSANE.

My OB explained I was sensitive/allergic to those materials; you may be the same. Demand for any further surgeries that they not use dissolving sutures. Were you sewn or stapled on the outside? Is the itching internal, external, or you cannot tell? I was sewn inside and stapled outside my previous 2 sections, and it caused such horrible adhesions from the scarring inside that it took them 25-35 minutes just to remove the adhesions to deliver my last daughter! Guess what was in the adhesions? The "dissolving stitches" from SEVEN YEARS AGO!

You do not have to "live with this". Document everything, get second and third opinions. If your doctor is blowing you off (and I think it's a red flag that possibly years before your next pregnancy they are saying "your next section) PLEASE GET A NEW DOC. There are ones out there that care, I promise.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote