Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
sigh. almost a total regression *vent*

I'm so frustrated DS had been almost fully trained for months now after a long time learning. This last week he has gone totally backwards. He pees in his pants all day long. He pees whether he is in clothes or not. He pees on the couch if he is sitting there. He pees on the floor. He peed on MY BED. Today he peed in his pants again and when I went to changed him he had had a BM as well I'm so tired of all the laundry.

Advertisement

Last edited by daisy0306; 12-23-2008 at 04:09 PM.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
luv_my_2boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sigh. almost a total regression *vent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
I'm so frustrated DS had been almost fully trained for months now after a long time learning. This last week he has gone totally backwards. He pees in his pants all day long. He pees whether he is in clothes or not. He pees on the couch if he is sitting there. He pees on the floor. He peed on MY BED. Today he peed in his pants again and when I went to changed him he had had a BM as well I'm so tired of all the laundry.
I feel your pain, mama! Here's my story: started PL one year ago this month when DS#1 was 22 months old. He had shown an interest for quite a while before that, so I felt he was ready to at least try. He did well at first, but never quite got to be 100% trained. Over the summer, he finally went 2 full days without any accidents, and then, BAM! It's like I never even mentioned PT to the boy! He had more accidents than not!
After a few weeks of THAT, I said forget it & went back to pull-ups full time. On our Thanksgiving trip, he wanted to be using the potty again, so we started again. Got back, did fine for a week, then back to accidents again.
The thing is: he was always in paper diapers, and since he was PL when DS#2 was switched to cloth diapers, I never switched him over (thinking the whole time: it will just be a little longer...). So, hundreds of $$$ later, I'm wondering why I didn't just go ahead and switch him then. I guess it's never too late. I am tired of the battle, though, so this morning I told him I'm not buying him any more diapers: he can either use the potty or wear cloth. Put him in training pants w/a PUL cover and went about our day. The way he put up a fit, I thought he would do better, but he just left for an outing with his Daddy, and refused to have his wet diaper changed before he left!
This is a TOTAL power struggle. I told DH I'm not going to even mention using the potty for a while. He knows how to do it, and when he gets tired of being wet all the time, I'm sure he will. Until then, though, I'm not buying any more paper diapers. He's gonna have to wear cloth. I've wasted too much $$, and I'm washing CD's for his brother anyway.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, MAMA! I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!
luv_my_2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
aidensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Mama, I have no advice, but I've been there and still struggle with my four year old. I had no idea potty training would be such a huge parenting challenge and I completely sympathize!
You may strive to be like them but seek not to make them like you."
-- Kahlil Gibran
aidensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's doing a bit better, but I have to be on him about it. Thank you for your support
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
aydencashsmom
Registered Users

we have been potty training since May. My son is almost 2 1/2. A lot of days he will go accident free, other days no. There have been very few morning he has woke up dry. He has just now (within the last 2 months) quit taking a sippy of milk to bed. He will take a few sips before bed time of water, and still wakes up SOAKING wet. I am trying not to get discouraged. But he REALLY needs to be pt'ed by the time he is three. So he can continue to goto his daycare. ((((((())))))))
aydencashsmom is offline   Reply With Quote