Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

potty in toddler's room

ok so I have a question about potty training at night. Don't make fun of me if this is a really dumb one. My dd (2.5 yo) is usually nakey around the house and goes on the toilet all day (usually). Sometimes if she is wearing a dipe or undies she will still take them off and go. Now, she moved to a toddler bed a few months ago and has a gate outside her door. We are downstairs, she is upstairs and we have a monitor of course. Is it a bad idea to put a potty chair in her room so she can go at night if she wants? I never discussed her calling me in the night if she had to go and frankly with another baby coming in the next few weeks I don't really want to get up during the night lol. (I need my sleep while I still can get it uninterupted) Or do you think I should tell her to call me? I'm not too worried about night training right now anyways I just thought this might be a possibility. What did you do at night? Any suggestions would be great.

Advertisement

mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
zenpixie
Registered Users

Re: potty in toddler's room

I don't see anything wrong with it. My 2 yr old sometimes uses a potty in his room during naptime. It's my experience that older toddlers don't usually go potty by themselves at night. They will hold it or they will need to be told to go potty. Or they will wet the bed, like mine does. I kept a potty right beside my older son's bed, but he never used it. My little one wets the bed, even though the bathroom is right next to his room. He just doesn't wake enough to use it.
zenpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a potty in DD's room. I think it is perfectly fine!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We used to put a potty in our oldest's room when she was real little. You should be okay with it in there.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

When dd was potty training (at 18m), I had two of the Bjorn little potties and we moved them all around the house. I tried at all times (with the help of her big brothers) to have a potty in the room with dd wherever she was playing at.

As a result, potty training was a piece of cake! She had a much higher rate of success, which gave her confidence, leading to more success! She's 2 now, and we still keep a Bjorn potty in the car so that we can pull over whenever she needs to go.

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
When dd was potty training (at 18m), I had two of the Bjorn little potties and we moved them all around the house. I tried at all times (with the help of her big brothers) to have a potty in the room with dd wherever she was playing at.

As a result, potty training was a piece of cake! She had a much higher rate of success, which gave her confidence, leading to more success! She's 2 now, and we still keep a Bjorn potty in the car so that we can pull over whenever she needs to go.
I just heard about hose, they sound great. Where can I get one? Online only? I'm going to look online now even though I should be going to bed...
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
luvmyfluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspnut82 View Post
I just heard about hose, they sound great. Where can I get one? Online only? I'm going to look online now even though I should be going to bed...

I did the same with my twins, those Baby Bjorn potties are THE BEST. I did exactly the same as happyvegan, those potties went everywhere with us You can buy them at Babies R Us or online, I think I got mine from Amazon.com.

Laura
luvmyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote