Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

Twiddlers Anonymous

Why? Why is it soooo important to twiddle the other nipple while nursing? He's not interested in a nursing necklace, a binky, my finger or anything else - and this is a new development - after 16 months of nursing he decided to twiddle. Please tell me it will stop...or where to by a fake, paste on nubbin for him to twiddle.

Advertisement

MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Twiddlers Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkOnDemand View Post
Why? Why is it soooo important to twiddle the other nipple while nursing? He's not interested in a nursing necklace, a binky, my finger or anything else - and this is a new development - after 16 months of nursing he decided to twiddle. Please tell me it will stop...or where to by a fake, paste on nubbin for him to twiddle.

Laughing with you of course!

DS#1 was a twiddler (wanted nothing else)...I can say *was* because now that little brother is here the twiddling spot is usually occupied. Also, now that he understands things a bit better (2.5 years) it is easier to explain why I'd rather he not twiddle

Good luck mama!

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
tng_mama
Registered Users

My dd is also a "twiddler". She's 15 months, and it's been soo bad at times that she has refused to nurse if she couldn't "twiddle" the other one.

She also bounces from side to side, 1 minute on one, 1 minute on the other, back and forth. She wants both exposed so she can twiddle and bounce! Needless to say, we're not doing much NIP lately.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have nursing rules that were established at around 18 months. Has worked like a charm for us. He either doesn't twiddle and gets milk, or he does and sits on the couch. LOL! I can't stand it. I say establish what you are and are not willing to tolerate.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend that didn't do this and now had 2 that are constantly twiddling and she ALLOWS that! Just remember that nursing is a relationship so it is important for you to like it too.

DOULA in training!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and my friend is misserable with it.

DOULA in training!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

I cant stand twiddling. My oldest did it for a while. I have not allowed my current nuslings to even get the idea. I have a friend who not only allowed her ds to twiddle, but she allowed him to do in in PLACE of nursing after he weaned. And she would do it in front of me and I about gagged every time. It really drove me nuts to see him with his hand in her shirt with his little triumphant smirk. I tried to ignore it. I was really glad when he stopped. She told mr she hated it but didnt know what else to do since he would throw such a fit. I told her just to let him throw the fit. He did it until he was like 4 or 5.
kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sounds VERY strange if you ask me...

DOULA in training!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #9
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamom View Post
He did it until he was like 4 or 5.
Oh my! Yeah, that doesn't seem right at all. My DS is 5 years old and he is very aware of the fact that those are private parts not meant for him to touch.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

Exactly, thats why it creeped me out so much. I dont have any problem with a mom who nurses that long, but it really bugs me when moms allow their kids to nurse longer then they (the moms) want them to. I feel like its my body and I have the right to re-claim it. I nurse my babies for a minimum of 2 years. I figure that is plenty, and way more than most kids get. After that I reserve the right to turn off the tap whenever I'm not feeling the love anymore. I think that when she let him do that for so long in order to avoid the tantrums, it taught him a negative message about how to treat people. I've seen that kid in full blown tantrum mode and all I have to say is that he is SOOOO lucky he is not my kid. (And so am I!)
kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote