Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: From Infertility to BFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmillerRN View Post
I would think the spotting would be more related to implantation bleeding or cervical irritation. When I MCd, I quickly went from spotting to all out bleeding w/in hours. I think you are still good to go!

BUT, I completely understand you freaking out. I would be too, if I had awaited a pregnancy soooo long as well. I STILL think you have *nothing* to worry about yet, though.
I agree with the above. I would go in if it makes you feel better though.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
mommyshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's probably not going to make a difference in the outcome if you get the U/S tomorrow or Friday, but I know that impatient me would want to know. I hope it all turns out OK!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #13
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I also think it's just irritation/implantation if it's light pink and not actual red blood. kwim?

But if your going to be uncomfortable waiting then go in and have a looksee.. that's what they are for.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd go in tomorrow.Goodluck Kristin.

With my spotting before I m/c,it was almost a full week of on and off spotting,that came and went.It was crampless too.It started at the start of my 5th week--I was terified and weepy.It took my body 6 days to finally m/c.
It would be pink then red--very upsetting.

NOT to say that is going to happen to you--just relaying my spotting in pregnancy story.I almost wish my spotting had only lasted hrs and gone on to the m/c earlier.It was one weepy awful wait for me.
The Ob could do nothing to stop it of course--I just had to wait on HCG draws,etc.The u/s was inconclusive(I hadn't gotten my HCG draw #'s done/back yet)--they kept saying my dates were off.That kept me secretly hopeing--until the HCG draw came back as dropping.

Hang in there Kristin.Your HCG's were so high/good+ you're early into this.Hopefully you just irratated your cervix w/ the suppository.
Praying for you and your baby/babies.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What does your dh think?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshannon View Post
It's probably not going to make a difference in the outcome if you get the U/S tomorrow or Friday, but I know that impatient me would want to know. I hope it all turns out OK!!!!

agreed. not a lot that can be done IF its an impending mc, which i highly doubt it is, but i would have a hard time waiting. any chance at ALL dh could take an hour or 2 to go with?

congrats btw. i've not had a chance to my joy for your pg. im really so happy for you. can't wait to hear if its 2 or 3!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #17
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The spotting is redish, but it is mixed with the white from the prog suppsository so it looks pink on the tp. The nurse said spotting is completely normal with multiples which she suspects based on my betas. I did have a lot of cramping earlier but then i had a bout of loose stool (sorry for tmi). Since that the cramps have been nearly nonexistant, but every time i stand up, i feel something flowing on to the liner. I readjusted the position of the suppository to a more comfortable spot and the spotting has decreased since then but still more than i have had at any point so far.
But i feel nauseaous since this began this morning and i am not sure if it is nerves from all of this, maybe the onset of M/S, or maybe a flu bug since i had the loose stools I haven't told DH yet b/c he would freak out so i am going to wait until after work. I pray that it stops by then But either way i am doing the progesterone shot as soon as i get home and then i am going to rest.

Last edited by kristinc; 12-29-2008 at 03:25 PM.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Have a cup of tea when you get home and think good thoughts. Many women, IVF or not, have spotting. Be careful those suppositories. They are fun, huh?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #19
jrachau
Registered Users
seller

I had spotting in early pregnancy with DD b/c of low progesterone which it sounds like might be your case since you are using the suppositories. I ended up having to take oral progesterone instead. Also, we did the early u/s and it really didn't do any good. They could see a sac but no heartbeat so I had to wait and come back in a week or so. to you for all you have been/are going through. My advice would be to wait it out but that is in hindsight. At the time you couldn't have talked me into that. Sorry I'm not much help but wanted to let you know that early spotting sometimes works out just fine. My DD will be 1 in a few weeks.
jrachau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
b'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Spotting is so scary, but it can be quite normal. I had a "sensitive" cervix with my first pg and had spotting/bleeding for the entire 1st trimester. So is minor cramping. Its from the progesterone. Knowing me, I'd try to get in tomorrow. But I hate waiting. It won't change the outcome, either way, but it might be reassuring and allow you to relax a little. On the other hand, there likely won't be heartbeat(s) yet, so you'd still be worrying and wondering. But I'd still go in, if I could.
b'smom is offline   Reply With Quote