Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #21
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: From Infertility to BFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreen616 View Post
Kristin If you are super worried then I would go tomorrow and see what they say. My aunt had ivf and did m/c one of the two babies, but she had heavy bleeding and severe cramping. I hope nothing is wrong and it is only cervical irritation again. Let us know what you decide. Hang in there Kristin!

My friend had a similar situation with IVF - severe bleeding!!! But both babies ended up being totally fine. She bleed alot with the pregnancy on and off.

She ended up delivering three day (yes 3!!!!) days shy of 40 weeks with twins. I can't believe the doctor let her wait that long!!!

Her boys are a month older than my baby girl.

Praying for you.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #22
makoa's mommy
Registered Users
seller

Kristin, just wanted to offer hugs! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and resting. Try and stay off your feet. I had to do progesterone suppositories also and they are the pits! Everything down there is so mucked up right now with those embies getting situated! I am keeping you in my thoughts!
makoa's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Spotting in early pregnancy is pretty normal, but I can understand that you would be scared. It's pretty scary to see. I am hoping that your little baby(ies) are alright in there! Keep us updated!
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Kristin! I spotted with this pregnancy for about a month after my BFP and occasionally since then. Honestly, I've gone in to the MW a whole lot. I know there is nothing they can do but I personally found that I had to have peace of mind from someone actually looking at me. Plus they couldn't figure out why I was spotting so it was unnerving. Are you doing prog. supppositories or estrogen or both? My SIL had an RE with super strict progesterone protocol and ended up doing prog. IM injections for 12 full weeks after her BFP. Maybe they need to switch you to injections rather than suppositories? They definitely aren't a piece of cake but her RE is adamant that all his patients stay on the IMs for at least 8 weeks then can switch to suppositories with his blessing for the remaining 4 weeks (which he did not ok for my SIL). I sure hope all is well (which I feel it is!) and you are able to find some peace with this pregnancy. I cannot imagine how much the normal worries are amplified for you and your dh.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #25
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry Kristin that you are going through this. It sucks I think it's from the suppositories going in and causing cervical irritation. And I actually think you should wait until Friday for the U/S. Only because it's still so early that there really won't be much to see, and it will probably just be inconclusive anyway. The more days that you can give those little babes to develop the more you'll be able to see on the U/S. Trust me it's way worse to have an inconclusive u/s than to wait. Hold on if you can! Plus you want dh there either way. What if they saw how many babies and he wasn't even there? You'd be sad, and he probably would too. Hang in there! I know you're babies are cooking away
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganne79 View Post
Kristin! I spotted with this pregnancy for about a month after my BFP and occasionally since then. Honestly, I've gone in to the MW a whole lot. I know there is nothing they can do but I personally found that I had to have peace of mind from someone actually looking at me. Plus they couldn't figure out why I was spotting so it was unnerving. Are you doing prog. supppositories or estrogen or both? My SIL had an RE with super strict progesterone protocol and ended up doing prog. IM injections for 12 full weeks after her BFP. Maybe they need to switch you to injections rather than suppositories? They definitely aren't a piece of cake but her RE is adamant that all his patients stay on the IMs for at least 8 weeks then can switch to suppositories with his blessing for the remaining 4 weeks (which he did not ok for my SIL). I sure hope all is well (which I feel it is!) and you are able to find some peace with this pregnancy. I cannot imagine how much the normal worries are amplified for you and your dh.
MY RE is a progesterone nazi too...i am already on endometrin supp 3x/day and then intramuscular progesterone every third day. The nurse told me to add in an extra dose tonight to see if it would help the red spotting...so i am counting down the minutes until i can go home and hopefully find a place on my butt that isn't covered with bruises and hard lumps from the prog. My RE hasn't even discussed weaning from the prog shots yet, so i am not sure if i stay on them until 12 weeks or not I guess i just need to worry about getting through today and not about weeks from now.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I would prob wait and go in if possible but you do what you feel is right. The only thing about waiting or going is the results will still be the same no matter what. So if there is bad news you will be glad you waited, and if it good news and multiples you will want your hubby there with you too. It is hard waiting till friday but is prob best so he can be there for support, comfort, and love. Also easier said then done I know. Going through a twin misscarriage before dd was concieved I dont think I could have handled it alone or even drove home for that matter.

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 12-29-2008 at 05:20 PM.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I would go in and get checked. Better to be safe and informed.

FYI - I bled through a majority of my first trimester with my daughter. I was on 100 mg. 3x a day of Prometrium (I took it vaginally) from 2 DPO 'til 13 weeks.

I bled because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage.

My OB monitored blood work and did a lot of ultrasounds.

I delivered my healthy daughter a little over 40w.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i bled with this lil one early on and i am 35 weeks
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #30
yesterdayicried
Registered Users
k**ro**ns26
seller
seller

I had some light spotting and cramping at the start of my pregnancy. I went in for an ultrasound ASAP... everything was fine, but I was so glad we went for the peace of mind. If it'll ease your stress, go get the US.