View Poll Results: What age did you PT your SON?
Before 18 months 3 13.64%
18-24 months 4 18.18%
24-30 months 5 22.73%
30-36 months 4 18.18%
over 36 months 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
nmledford
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What age did you PT your Son?

My son will be 2 in two days. I was wondering when everyone started PTing you boys.

He loves sitting on the potty and tells me he needs to potty he just never does anything on the potty. I think once he actually pees on it something will click. Anyway, he has been doing this for about 3 months.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age did you PT your Son?

I started doing that around 2, the "magic" wore off though and he didn't want to do it anymore after a while. He PL'd a month or two after he turned 3, he knew what to do it was a matter of wanting to do it at that point. The good think about being older is that he had pretty much no accidents except a few at night. Good luck and don't beat yourself up if he decides he dosen't want to do it, just try again every couple weeks!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS started pooping in the potty and didn't poop in his pants after he was about 18 months old. He fully trained himself 2 months before he turned 2. I was devastated! I taught him the sign for potty, which I think was a HUGE help! Also, he followed me everywhere I went, so when I went to the bathroom, so did he...I think that was a big part of it too. I would sign it and tell him I was going potty so he knew what was going on. Good luck!
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

My first son potty trained at 2yrs.10mos.
My second son I used EC much of the time, but once he learned to stand he ran away from the potty and wouldn't sit on it anymore!! He didn't potty train until 4yrs.3mos.!
My third son is not yet potty trained.
FWIW, I don't "train" them. I wait until they show all the signs of readiness and are interested in learning.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

DS showed alot of interest around 24 months, but lost it quickly. I talked to all my friends with sons and found that their sons PL'd from 2-4 years, so we took it slow (potty books, potty movies, watching Daddy, looking for readiness signs) and literally the day he turned 36 months we took off the diapers and never looked back.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

I know we're "late-starters" but I'm just starting EC with my son who's just about 6 1/2 months old. I just started signing the potty/toilet sign when I go and when I take him into the bathroom with me. I'm going to pick up a little potty today so he can have his own potty to learn on - how exciting!
Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
mstngmol
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy showed signs and started asking to go when he was 16 months old. He is now 20 months old and says "poopy" whenever he needs to go (pee or poo). He has maybe one accident a week, but still wears dipes during nap and overnight! It took me by surprise, I wasn't ready for him to be such a big boy!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
happymommyto2
Registered Users
seller

He was 2.5 when he trained. He went from dipes to undies with no acidents in basically a day or two. He probably could have trained earlier but DH was deployed and I was lazy. DD is 17 months old and has been trained for 3 months.
happymommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we took it very slow and wanted him to learn at home first. H. e's in daycare full time as well and we felt it important..for whatever reason I couldn't tell you right now, for him to feel comfortable going with us before attempting to do it at daycare. We started introducing it to him in jan 2008 just getting him to sit on it here in there. It took about a week of consistency to get him to go the first time. at the end of the month he went poopy. What helped IMO is we let him have bare butt time and the moment we saw his private area get stiff we'd put him on the potty and he'd go every time. once he got the hang of it a good bit we started getting the \daycare staff working iwth him. He had lots more accidents at daycare than he did at home but b/c we weren't there to monitor it 100% we just let him go as he needed to. He went to strictly underwear and that helped as well. Occasionally he wears a diaper at nap if he's not at home and he still wears a diaper at night. He's woken up dry several times but not enough to go without a diaper every night. he's been day trained for a while now.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
lizabird
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 boys. The first was about 28 mos. He seemed like he might possibly be ready, and a friend of ours just announced her ds had just potty trained, so hey, why could we do it too? So we took off his diaper and pants and just let him go naked (it was summer) and it only took a few pee accidents before he realized what has happening and peed in the potty. He had poop trained already, around 18 mos.

My younger ds was 24 mos, same sort of thing, just took off the diapers and pants and he figured it out. He had also poop trained several months ago, so it was just the pee that was left.

Good luck to yoU!
lizabird is offline   Reply With Quote