Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Users

I am bfing my third child. You would think that I would be an old pro at this but now I'm running into problems that I have never had before. I have milk blisters. They keep coming up. I had one so severe that it caused huge amount of pain and would not allow all of my milk to let down. It eventually caused an infection. I have stopped bf off that breast. My son is 11 months and nurses 1 to 3 times a day. Now the other side is having blisters. But this blister when it pops nothing comes out. The white inside is not liquidy it's more creamy. Does that make sense? Anyway it doesn't stop the flow of milk but it is becoming increasingly more painful. I really want to nurse for several more months but I don't know how much more of this I can take! Does anyone have any insight? btw I went to two doctors for the opposite side when I was having so many problems there. I don't think that the dr can really do anything. If I stopped nursing would the blister eventually go away?

wifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
My Mood:
Re: Help

yikes! hugs mama - i haven't dealt with this but do you have a lactation consultant you can get in touch with? i've had a number of problems along the way b****** and one thing i've learned is to every problem there is a solution. i just checked this site, which has given me lots of help along the way and was rec'd to me by folks on this site. here's a link on treating milk blisters - hope it helps for ya mama- and again: hugs to you!
Mommy to my charming and funny little man Oliver (2007)
and after years of waiting, overjoyed to welcome my new little lady Ava (January 2014)
kt~mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help

Oh mama Im so sorry I would defintly call a lactation consulted and even maybe your local le leche league they seem to always know alot
Chad & Roxanna 99' Alexander Reece 12/00' Maxwell Reagan 11/08 weaned at 22months
RoxyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote