Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

How do you get LO's to the potty "in time"?

I'm new at this - so forgive me if this is a silly question... but how do you get the LO's to the potty in time to catch the mess? My DS is 6 mo (we're late starters I know)I know that I just started yesterday - not yet recognizing DS's 'cues', so just trying him at intervals on the potty... but I've been thinking, if I did recognize a cue and tried to get him to the potty, it'd be pants down onesie up, diaper cover off, snappi undone and cloth dipe off in time?! I don't see how that's possible lol...

Can anyone give advice on this topic? I mean, I can figure out that - at home at least - we can go w/just a tshirt and a dipe with no cover maybe... but still - how do you get them to "hold it" while you undress them!?

Thanks mamas!!!

Advertisement

Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you get LO's to the potty "in time"?

I have been wondering the same thing! I've read three books about EC and no one really addresses this...
crazyeyesmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
rxmom08
Registered Users

That's a lot to do before getting them to the potty! I make it easy on me. She is in babylegs with a shirt (no onesie). Generally all I need to take off is the snappi if I am using a prefold or velcro / snap if I am using pocket or aio. Plus once they start recognizing where to go, they can hold it for a short bit of time.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

I've started just going w/a pf and no cover when at home, and a pair of babylegs. The trouble there is having babylegs to use! i found a free pair I'd gotten with a magazine once, and just bought a few more pair... DH will understand I hope! I'm going to make one of those little elastic "belts" I think also, so as to have an alternative to snappis for at home use.

I'm so excited, we're on day 3 of EC and my LO's already peed and pood in the potty every day! He pee'd in it 3 times and poo'd once on Day 1, pee'd twice and poo'd once on Day 2 and so far 1 pee and 1 poo for Day 3. I'm so thrilled! I've missed a bunch of pees too though, but we're learning together
Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
Foster
Registered Users
seller

Good for you! You can also make babylegs out of socks: http://everythingyourmamamade.com/20...y-leg-warmers/
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
mdizon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
Good for you! You can also make babylegs out of socks: http://everythingyourmamamade.com/20...y-leg-warmers/
Thanks for the link, I've been looking around for a babylegs tutorial!
mdizon is offline   Reply With Quote