View Poll Results: Do you or have you coslept with your LO?
Yes I cosleep or have in the past 298 76.61%
No I would never cosleep 32 8.23%
Not with a NB but with an older child 12 3.08%
part time or half the night 47 12.08%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:
Smile Do you Co-sleep?

I co-sleep with DS he is 6 mo. I have since birth. I co-slept with DD untill she was 9 mo. and then only half the night. She has slept in her own bed since 16 mo.

I feel it is perfectly safe if you do it responsibly and are educated about the risks and what not to do. I'm not changing my mind...... so no flames please. I am just interested to see how many people co-sleep!

Advertisement

Last edited by earthmamastyle; 12-31-2008 at 09:50 PM.
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you Cosleep?

DD has always gone to bed in her own crib/bed, but when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she comes into our room. This way we have "adult" time, and eventually when she finally starts sleeping through the night, she will be sleeping in her own bed. That is why I'm not terribly concerned about it...eventually she will sleep in her room the whole night.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup! IMO I think co-sleeping is safer.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
shaky_girl
Registered Users

I did it part time with my older two, for 2 years with #3, and am currently with #4. The only danger I came across was to myself when their legs got strong enough to kick hard. lol
If it wasn't for co-sleeping, I'd get no sleep at all!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

unfortunately DH flails (spelling) around like a looney tune... he should sleep in the crib and me and DD can cosleep!! i wish we could though
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
asanborn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have never co-slept with ds or dd. At 2 1/2 DS loves his own bed and would not consider sleeping elsewhere. DS began sleeping through the night early and DD even earlier at 5 weeks she was sleeping 7-8 hrs (and that is BF too)! I thought DS was an easy baby until she came along From the begining DH and I have wanted our bed to be our bed and the kids have not suffered. We all enjoy our own space at night and enjoy cuddles all day long! Not that it wouldn't be nice to cuddle with the kids at night, this just works for our family and everyone gets a good night sleep!
asanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We coslept with ds until he was six month old, since then he loves his crib. I missed him when he went to his crib. Now if he wakes up in the middle of the night he only wants to cuddle for a while and then he wants to be in his crib again. Maybe it is because we are snoring? He also moves around a lot more now. I allways think that he likes his crib so much now because we coslept in the beginning.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

we do co-sleep, declan is now 6m old and have since he came home from hospital at 3 days old... some nights it's rough but with nursing and C-sections i wouldnt do it anyother way, when i had DD we were young and VERY mainstream, with Gage it was a learning process, and not that i am perfect parent now, i now know what works for us and that's what we do cause things go easier when they work..
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Since my oldest was born I have had at least one child in my bed. I tried the whole basket next to the bed thing, it barely lasted a week, no one was sleeping. So into the bed came Kearnan, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Kearnan moved out just before his 7th birthday, and is now in his bed exclusively. Tharen just turned 3 so I expect him to be in our bed at least a little while longer. I think he will move earlier because he has his big brother to emulate. Plus they will share a bedroom so he won't be alone in there (Kearnan isn't, he has his therapy dog to keep him company). I think Kearnan needed to co-sleep longer because of his special needs as well. But I don't really mind. I love cuddling my sweeties. And I know that they are safe. I guess I'm just a worrier, but the idea of them even just down the hall makes me nervous.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes we always have. Right now we have 2 in the bed with us full time and at least 2 or 3 more that try to sneak in sometime in the middle of the night.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote