Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sick to my stomach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
I don't even know what to say. Thats just so.....sad. We live in such an oversexed society. I do have to admit before I breastfed DS, I wondered if I was going to be able to do it. I thought it might make me feel weird, since the only thing I had used them for before was sex, but I forgot about that mighty quickly after I saw him. Its like your instincts just kick in and you want to feed your baby. And I should add that even though I wondered that about myself, I never thought that when looking at anyone else.

i could've typed that myself LOL. i wondered w/aj too...dh talked me into at least trying to nurse him...instinct just kicked right in though. it was amzing and beautiful.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #12
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

really? incest???? more than one person actually thinks that way? im sitting here so confused. breastfeeding is the absolute opposite of incest. they are polar opposites. how very sad, and....awful.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #13
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like someone has some major sexual issues going on there....ugh! that takes a very sick mind to say something like that
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
StaceyM
Registered Users

Now while I am IN NO WAY defending that mommas opinion I will say that I somewhat see where she is coming from. I was raped by a very close family member for over a year when I was 11. It impacted me deeply. Now, jump to 10 years later. With DD I had no emotional problems with BFing so I thought I was in the clear. However, when DS came around and I tried to start BFing I found that all I could think about was the rape and the "sexuality" of what I was doing. I was not able to become comfortable with BFing my son because of the fact that he was a male and I quit after 2 feeding attempts. I've since realized that my emotional wounds were still very raw and have recieved assitance so that I will hopefully have a much healthier attitude when DC#3 shows up. It is a VERY sad situation when a mother chooses not to BF her child for whatever reason. However, it is also very sad how quickly people pass judgement. Yes, her statement was screwy...but you have no idea what frame of mind she is in. I think the most important thing to do in situations like this is to try and remain supportive and help the momma see the beautiful side of giving a great gift to their child.

Now, please save any stones or lighters you may have for the next flaming/stoning. I realize what a mistake I made with DS and am incredibly sad. I DO NOT need you to help me realize how "selfish", "irresponsible", or "unloving" I was towards my son.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #15
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Well I just try not to judge anyone else for the who what when where's how's & why's - so long as it doesn't interfere w/or inpact me or my family KWIM?

We have to remember that we don't know or understand the circumstances or issues that create the reasoning for other people's decisions (if what I said made any sense to you LOL). It sounds like there are deeper issues for the comment that was made. There is probably some reason or connection for why that was said.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #16
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post

Now, please save any stones or lighters you may have for the next flaming/stoning. I realize what a mistake I made with DS and am incredibly sad. I DO NOT need you to help me realize how "selfish", "irresponsible", or "unloving" I was towards my son.
I'm sorry you think someone would flame you for this. I'm passionate about bf, but I do realize that some women have issues that they just cant overcome.... physical, mental, whatever.

doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
Why on earth would breasts make milk if not to feed a baby with? That is awful of her!

ummmm look at any mammal.... we were created for this....
lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #18
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
I'm sorry you think someone would flame you for this. I'm passionate about bf, but I do realize that some women have issues that they just cant overcome.... physical, mental, whatever.

ditto! Mama we wouldn't flame you!

Just wanna add, my problem is not with women who do not BF (I will admit I get sad a lil when I hear of a woman who doesn't ) but I KNOW there are "issues" or reasons why a woman really truly can't, I was raped also, when I was 13 so I am glad it did not affect my choice to BF, but what this one said wow it just really left a bad taste in my mouth yano, I mean HOW can you compare the two???
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #19
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think one of the initial posters hit it on the head and it really makes sense with your situation... "she has deeper issues" so did/do you. There is no way anyone here that I know that would flame you. You truely gave it your best shot. What happened to you in the past was not your fault and things take a long long time to get over, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post
Now while I am IN NO WAY defending that mommas opinion I will say that I somewhat see where she is coming from. I was raped by a very close family member for over a year when I was 11. It impacted me deeply. Now, jump to 10 years later. With DD I had no emotional problems with BFing so I thought I was in the clear. However, when DS came around and I tried to start BFing I found that all I could think about was the rape and the "sexuality" of what I was doing. I was not able to become comfortable with BFing my son because of the fact that he was a male and I quit after 2 feeding attempts. I've since realized that my emotional wounds were still very raw and have recieved assitance so that I will hopefully have a much healthier attitude when DC#3 shows up. It is a VERY sad situation when a mother chooses not to BF her child for whatever reason. However, it is also very sad how quickly people pass judgement. Yes, her statement was screwy...but you have no idea what frame of mind she is in. I think the most important thing to do in situations like this is to try and remain supportive and help the momma see the beautiful side of giving a great gift to their child.

lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote