Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
dandalyin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help w/ partial/day weaning?

How is best? Here's the story...

Lately, as I'm sure is relating to her age, my baby seems more interested in everything around her, rather than nursing. And I am going to be switching jobs soon and hate pumping as it is, so I'm going to begin this weekend w/ weaning her during the day and just nurse her in the evenings/nights/mornings.

She's used to a bottle, so that will likely not be an issue at all. I'm more worried about myself...I do want to continue to nurse her. I don't want to entirely lose my supply. So how should I go about this? For how long should I mix her bottles BM/formula?

This weekend, when I start this, I plan to pump when she has a bottle, just in case this partial weaning doesn't work so I don't lose that supply yet. (When we are together she always nurses, only has bottles at daycare and when I'm not home.) But at what point do I pump less? And how often do I cut out pumping sessions?

Or schedule now, on days I work (4-5/week) I nurse her around 7am, then pump at work at about 930, 1230 & 330, then nurse her at home again around 6pm & 8pm (and if she wakes during the night).

Sorry so long...any other info I left out that might be helpful here? Thanks so much mamas!

Advertisement

PM me for YYMN!
dandalyin is offline   Reply With Quote