Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help me with lunches!

I am so bored with making the kids sandwiches, mac n' cheese and canned soup. Help me come up with some good, healthy, different lunches please!

Advertisement

princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
TheEastSide
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: help me with lunches!

You know what we do almost every single lunch? I call it a "snack lunch" because I give the kids cut up carrots with ranch, peanuts, celery with cream cheese, cheese and crackers...pretty much whatever I have on hand. If I have made bread that day, I'll give them the option of having it with pb, jelly, honey...whatever. It's whole wheat, so anything on it makes me happy. They love that they never know WHAT I'm going to give them. Sometimes cucumbers, sesame sticks, cherry tomatoes, pepperoni. I just really think that when I always did those same 3 type of things as you were talking about, they weren't getting as many vitamins and as much of a well rounded diet as with all the different variety. It makes shopping more fun too! I can just grab whatever would be good to throw on their plate. I have pictures of funny faces they've made out of all their different foods! See...I let my kids play in their food because it's all finger foods anyway and I can call it "art" for homeschooling!! haha

Hope I've helped Bridget
TheEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
AshtonsMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You know mama, I had the same problem. My kiddo loves junk food and all that "mac n cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets" so I am so glad I came across this website www.weelicious.com Check it out her recipes are really healthy and I love creating new foods and seeing if my LO will eat it. I hope it helps. I love her website...and there are pics of everything also!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamas
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
baturay
Registered Users
seller

We are in a lunch bore here too. Lots of almond butter and honey sandwiches, pasta and frozen pizzas. Will be reading here for ideas!
Giselle, mama to 3 and blissfully expecting #4...and #5 in May!
Green Baby Educator, CLE, API Leader & Homeschooling Mama
Are you a Southern CA mama? Visit Granola Babies in person.
Find a Babywearing Group near you.

baturay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Try making food from a different country each day, or having a picnic, or using a muffin tin to serve. My blog as pics of my kids lunches that might spark some ideas for you too.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
NatureMama4
Registered Users

My Mood:

wraps are great, so are pitas. you can put just anything in them from pizza toppings to taco fixings to Mediterranean fare. my sister's kids love wraps with cream cheese, onion and black olive.

we love sauteed zucchini/tomato/onion in tortillas.

Noah 10
& Enoch 5
NatureMama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you could make "bagel pizzas" or "english muffin pizzas". just top either w/pizza sauce, cheese and toppings then bake on broil till chs is melted.

also, check out this linky for ideas:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=219226

Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
HIOStarz4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Try making food from a different country each day, or having a picnic, or using a muffin tin to serve. My blog as pics of my kids lunches that might spark some ideas for you too.
WOW, Holy Banana's momma you have blown me out of the water. Where do you find time for such creativity???? My DD will only eat cream cheese bagel, or pb and J or a raost beef with cheese. All healthy and organic but If i try to sneek cucumbers or anything in her sandwich she will not eat and come home from school Starving. I am so sad that she has become so picky Don't get me wrong she does eat an array of fruites and veggies but main meals is the issue

Last edited by HIOStarz4; 01-18-2009 at 01:53 PM.
HIOStarz4 is offline   Reply With Quote