View Poll Results: do you cover up while NIP?
Yes 47 33.81%
No 83 59.71%
Other explain 9 6.47%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
Texas_tornadoes
Registered Users

Re: do you cover up while NIP?

My DS would throw off a blanket faster than you could say, "latch on". These days he's only nursing about 10 seconds on each side.

Advertisement

Texas_tornadoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
Runningkicksbutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I normally don't cover up because my twins really don't like not being able to see and all...but I try to cover up when I am around my dad. I can tell that it sorta makes him uncomfortable, my parents have never told me to cover up or not to b/f my daughters while there...but I don't feel comfortable b/f uncovered infront of my parents either.
Runningkicksbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy589 View Post
I dont cover up and really dont think anyone sees anything. Its harder to try and juggle baby, boob, and a blanket too, it always ended up falling off anyway. Plus, a big blanket seems to signal "nursing baby under here" lol.

yeah- ditto that!
I enver could figure it out, plus DD hated it and would kick or throw it off, always has, so people are less likely to notice since there's no ruckus! LOL
Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #14
rxmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope.

I'm good at being discreet. I'm pretty certain you can't see anything. Covering up just makes it worse!!
Annie, pharmacist mommy to Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel baby #3 10/08, Sophia 1/10 and Isaac 6/12
rxmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
swellmel
Registered Users
seller

I use a blanket to cover up me. Like the opposite side dd is nursing on where my shirt is pulled up. I keep my nipple as unexposed as possible and if need be I hold the blanket up so that no one can see but dd hates having the blanket on her head and frankly so do I. I think as long as you aren't letting it all hang out and are being at least a tad modest then so-be-it.
At home I don't do anything to cover up. If we are in a public place then the blanket is really just for covering me up and if we are at somebody's house I usually just go to another room.
I wish other people would just get over boobs you know. They aren't just for sex KWIM?
swellmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
ClarebearNkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lily is just NOT having the blanket thing. She hates to be covered. It is kind of hard in public. I'm a bit reserved as well... but I'm getting better. I'm going to have to get some Glamor Mom tanks so we can stop fumbling around so much. Really, it isn't the nursing in public that bothers me, sometimes... I just dont LOOK like I know what I'm doing ...KWIM? Like, it takes me a whole minute to button my bra back up under my shirt. Oh well, we have tons of time left to get good at it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #17
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Only in front of my dad, it really bugs him so I have just given in. I do normally try to nurse in the car or a quite corner just because dd can stay focused and doesn't try to pop on and off to see what everyone is doing.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

I use my sling to cover me up partially, but I use the 'tail' end to cover the side, rather than the top. I can still look down at Asher and have the eye to eye contact, but people in front of me can't see him because of the sides of the sling. To see any boob, you'd have to be standing over my shoulder looking down.

I'm just really modest, I am scared someone is going to pick a fight and I'll give in, I hate making a scene! But it's also nice, since it's almost winter the sling will keep him AND me a little warmer!!

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Why would I?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #20
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Nope I don't.....I use to but finally got over it. My ds these days pops on and off and would be too distracted to nurse at a restraunt.....but my mom said the same thing to me once when he was about 8 months (when I finally started nursing w/o blanket). Why it was bothering her I have no idea?? We are just so different- she did b/f but just the first 6 weeks and then when she was home (so when it worked for her), we slept in a crib, she worked....just kind of opposite, but I love my mom she is my best friend, it's just hard sometimes. She is doing better to try and respect my choices and I am doing better standing up for myself too. Sorry to ramble.....but I feel ya!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote